The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

News and Discussions about politics, current affairs, international relations, economy, elections, state level politics etc.
This forum is strictly moderated.
Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:13 am

Another roller coaster over the last few days. Really can't tell what is going to happen. However it seems that the breakaway faction by Ajit Pawar may not be able to hold the numbers. Really a disgraceful situation with the Sena, allying with the missionary Congress party. While they may have the numbers, not really sure if they will have the unity they need over the next few months. Most likely this unstable government will come crashing down I feel in the next six months.

Floor test will be on the 27th. This may be well Karnataka type situation where Fadnavis will have to resign and sit in the opposition for a couple of months before this unholy alliance of the Sena, NCP and Congress really implodes.

What does it mean though however for the future with regard to the Hindu vote and the Sena? If anything, It might expose some of the hypocrisy with regard to what the Sena has been saying over the last few years. They might indeed take a big hit in the next elections.

Triank
BGR Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Sat May 26, 2018 3:25 pm
Location: Mumbai
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Triank » Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:02 am

Muns wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:13 am
Another roller coaster over the last few days. Really can't tell what is going to happen. However it seems that the breakaway faction by Ajit Pawar may not be able to hold the numbers. Really a disgraceful situation with the Sena, allying with the missionary Congress party. While they may have the numbers, not really sure if they will have the unity they need over the next few months. Most likely this unstable government will come crashing down I feel in the next six months.

Floor test will be on the 27th. This may be well Karnataka type situation where Fadnavis will have to resign and sit in the opposition for a couple of months before this unholy alliance of the Sena, NCP and Congress really implodes.

What does it mean though however for the future with regard to the Hindu vote and the Sena? If anything, It might expose some of the hypocrisy with regard to what the Sena has been saying over the last few years. They might indeed take a big hit in the next elections.
in my view, perhaps, good riddance for the BJP with this betaal SS off its back now! SS had been behaving like a freeloader with no responsibilities (a la the marxists with UPA1), & on the top of it were plagiiarising 'vikaas' slogans off of BJP's books & then also taking incessant potshots at it as well as abusing the party! i think this divorce then was naturally coming. good riddance! many were/are of the view that BJP should've fought the 2019 LS elex on its own (given esp the above-mentioned petulant behaviour of the now sonia sena), but BJP for some reason couldnt muster the courage nor take the risk of that, but now, providence has and will make that happen for them. in due course the party should poach and absorb in disgruntled MLAs from the SonSen and throw karmachakra in this unholy alliance's devious works!!

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:41 pm

Yeh kaise anpadh Pakistani hain? Surgical Strike hui thi yeh maan rahe hain aur uske liye aur koi lafz bhi nahin hai inke paas. Document mein bhi likh diya: Surgical Strike. Ab kitne dehshatgard mare yeh bhi bata do.

Shireen Mazari Verified account @ShireenMazari1

For those who think we are not in a state of undeclared war with India, facts on ground show otherwise as I have been saying for some time now - ever since the Balakot surgical strike by India & moving on to annex & siege of IOJK(excerpts from my multiple talks on the issue)


Image

Image

Image

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:40 pm

The perfidious commies/naxals/congis have been the insidious agents of off shore BIF interests since before independence, praying, as they have always been, to the vile gods of stalin, lenin and mao.



‘Left Historians Misled Indian Muslims on Ayodhya’


‘Left Historians Misled Indian Muslims on Ayodhya’

“Hindu-Muslim relations over Ayodhya would not have deteriorated to this point if the left historians had not misled and misguided the Muslim group,” says historian Meenakshi Jain

Rahul Pandita | 15 Nov, 2019




Image

Historian Meenakshi Jain (Photo: Ashish Sharma)

In her two books on the Ayodhya issue (Rama and Ayodhya and The Battle for Rama: Case of the Temple at Ayodhya), historian Meenakshi Jain uses religious texts and judicial and land records from British India along with accounts of foreign travellers to put forth a case that Ayodhya has been a sacred site for Hindus for much longer than a group of left historians would like us to believe. Jain uses extensive court records and archaeological reports to put together a comprehensive argument that Ayodhya is not only sacred for Hindus because of faith but also for the historical evidence left behind. She speaks about the relevance of Ram in Indian thought and the “left’s convenient overlooking” of the vast corpus of evidence

Open: When does Ram first appear in Indian consciousness? What is the evidence we have—textual or otherwise?

Meenakshi Jain: Long before Valmiki Ramayana, there was this tradition of oral recitation which is called Ram Katha. This was recited orally by people specially trained in this craft. They would go from village to village reciting the story of Ram. According to scholars, Valmiki was aware of these kathas and compiled them and created that great narrative called the Ramayana. Earlier versions of these kathas have not survived. So the first evidence we have of the existence of Ram is Valmiki Ramayana.

But the left historians have argued that Ram worship is an 18th century phenomenon.

That is because they very conveniently overlook the vast corpus of evidence—literary, sculptor, archaeological, epigraphic, which show how deeply ingrained Ram was in the Indian psyche. There is a terracotta piece of second-first century BCE and it shows Ravan carrying away Sita and she is shown throwing away her ornaments so that it will help someone find her. This is a single piece. Now why would any artist depict a single piece! It is not the complete story of the Ramayana. That is how we can interpret that everybody was familiar with the story. After that we have a Ram terracotta, which is now in a museum in America, with his bow and arrow and with the word ‘Ram’ written in Brahmi on his dhoti. Terracotta is the most accessible medium of art. It can be moulded by anybody.

So why would anybody prepare such an art if they did not know that anybody could relate to it?

There is reference to public recitation of Ram’s story around second century CE. Also, if you go to temples, especially in the north, whole scenes from the Ramayana have been depicted on temple walls. So that again speaks of the public popularity of the Ramayana. And then in the 12th century, three important temples were built in honour of Ram and each had an inscription that we are creating this temple in honour of Ram. Two of those are still there, in Madhya Pradesh, and the third was the temple in Ayodhya at the disputed structure from which the inscription fell from the walls of the Masjid in 1992.

In many temple inscriptions, the rulers of those times say we are descendants of Ram. It may not be a reality because it is difficult to verify. But the fact that they related themselves to Ram shows that Ram’s story had a place in the lives of kings as much as commoners.

We will come back to the inscription you mentioned. But before that, tell us a little about the accounts of foreign travellers you have mentioned in your book as evidence of Ayodhya’s importance for Hindus.


There are several accounts that talk about the Hindu presence at the site and Hindus coming to the site, but they do not mention Muslims or namaaz. The first account is in 1608 CE by William Finch. He was travelling all over India. He said that he has been to Ayodhya and that there were Hindus there. He writes about the presence of Brahmins at Ramkot who he says record the names of Hindus who come to take a dip in the nearby river. For us, what is important is that he does not mention Muslims or namaaz. That is the point. It is very unlikely that he knows about the history of that place; he is just an observer. He had no idea that centuries later, his account will be so important in reconstructing the history of that period.

‘Left Historians Misled Indian Muslims on Ayodhya’


Image

The Treta ka Thakur inscription


The second account is by an Austrian Jesuit Joseph Tieffenthaler. He is an important source because he lived in India for 40 years and toured the Awadh area for seven-eight years. And he also died in India. He has written a lot and some of his papers were presented at science bodies abroad. He said that the Hindus have constructed a vedi, which is a cradle for a newborn. He also witnesses large gatherings of Hindus on the occasion of Ram Navami. It does not say that Muslims are also there and they are offering namaaz and that Hindus are coming and doing parikrama. So these two accounts, by what we would call neutral observers, raise a question: Did Babur just do a smash and grab job? In the sense that he demolished that temple and occupied that site.

But how can we conclude that there used to be a temple at the site?

As far as actual evidence of demolition is concerned, that has been given to us by excavations carried out by the Archaeological Survey of India [ASI] under the orders of the Allahabad High Court. The ASI carried out these under very stringent conditions set by the court. The court said that every day excavations will take place in the presence of representatives of both sides and the day’s findings will be recorded in a register signed by both sides. The excavation shows continuous occupation of that site since the second millennium BCE. And that site was never used for habitational purposes. No houses were built there. It was always a sacred site and a series of sacred structures have been found there, including the remnants of the 12th century temple.

So, when do we hear Muslim voices from Ayodhya?

In 1822, a judicial officer from the Faizabad court, Hafizullah, gives a statement that the mosque founded by Babur is situated at the birthplace of Ram. The first actual voice of a Muslim that we get from that site is only in 1858. So, from 1528 till 1858, we do not get a Muslim voice from that site. In 1856, the British annexed Awadh. But in 1857, there was the great revolt. So, they began looking after Awadh in 1858. They establish their system: judicial, revenue and law and order. It is a miracle that all these reports, complaints, counter-complaints were filed at the Faizabad district court, and they are preserved till today. No special attempt was made to preserve them. They could have fallen prey to rats, termites, rain. All these papers are from 1858 till 1947.

And we can write a book just on these. They came to light when Allahabad High Court began hearing the case. It called for all the evidence. These are all in its possession now, along with some diaries which certain officials maintained. This is the period when we get a profusion of Muslim voices.

And when does the first contestation at the site happen?

In 1858. It is a complaint which the thanedaar of Awadh [Sheetal Dubey] files. He reports that 25 Nihang Sikhs have come from Punjab and they have entered the Masjid. Masjid means the main structure, not the compound. And he reports that they have started havan and puja. Two days later, Mohammed Asghar, the muezzin of the Babri Masjid, makes a representation to the authorities, saying, ‘Please help me because these Sikhs have entered and they have created chinh [symbol] of Bhagwan, and with charcoal they have written ‘Ram Ram’ all over the walls of the Masjid.’

I must also tell you about one document which has not received the attention it deserves. In 1600, Akbar was the emperor. And he gave six bighas of land to Hanumangarhi, which is just next to the site. And this land was given for a particular duration. That grant had to be renewed in 1723. So, the priest applied for renewal to the emperor of that time. And the emperor renews that grant. What is interesting is that the scribe who records its renewal, and that is available to us, writes: ‘I am writing, I am the scribe… I am writing and recording the renewal by the present emperor and I am writing from the birthplace of Ram.’

“We have not got any concrete evidence by way of inscriptions, histories, memoirs of any kind from the party supporting the Babri group to strengthen their case”

But the pro-Babri mosque party must have also provided some evidence from their side?

All little bits of evidence tell a story and that story is only pointing in one direction. What I find very interesting is that from the modern times, when this conflict entered our lives—1989, till now—we have not got any concrete evidence by way of inscriptions, histories, memoirs of any kind from the party supporting the Babri group to strengthen their case. There is no evidence presented by the opposite side. Except to counter the evidence presented by the temple party. And that is surprising because the Masjid party had so many eminent historians.

But didn’t they also claim at one point that there was an idgah beneath the structure?

All of them said it was built on vacant land. In fact, Syed Shahabuddin [a pro-Babri Muslim leader], in a series of interviews, said that building a mosque on the site of a sacred site of another religion is banned in Islam and if proved that way, we will voluntarily hand over the site. So, this was their constant claim. Often, when they were levelling ground, pieces of temple parts would come up. But even before demolition, they never entertained the possibility that it could be built on the site of a temple.

They formulated the idgah theory when the ASI excavations began to reveal that there definitely is a structure below Babri. When that possibility became definite, then they began to say that it is not a temple but an idgah. And the Allahabad High Court asked them, ‘Till this time, you said that it was built on vacant land. Now you say it is an idgah.’ Their position kept on changing as per the evidence coming up from the other side.

Let’s talk about the excavations. They happened twice: in the 1970s under BB Lal and then in 2003. What was found in the first excavation and what changed in 2003?

In the first excavation, BB Lal was not excavating inside the Masjid but outside the boundary wall. He came across pillar bases. They stopped at the boundary wall and then reappeared. So Lal was convinced that the bases are going under the Masjid as well. So he said that he is certain there is a temple under Babri Masjid. He also said it was possible to excavate without demolishing the mosque.

‘Left Historians Misled Indian Muslims on Ayodhya’

Image

A report of the thanedaar of Awadh dated November 28, 1858

But the most extensive excavation happened in 2003 under the orders of the Allahabad High Court. This excavation threw up several articles, like animal and human figurines, a circular brick shrine.
Though damaged, its northern wall still retained provision for pranaala [water chute] and then it was found that the Babri Masjid had no foundation of its own. It was built on the walls of the temple.
According to the ASI report, there was not even a layer of air that separated the Masjid from the temple walls.

Let us come back to the inscription that you say fell from one of the walls of the Masjid when it was being demolished in 1992. What was the controversy around that?

This inscription, five-by-two feet, fell from the walls of the Masjid in 1992 and broke into two. But because it had been embedded in the wall, it was in an excellent state of preservation. You could read it very easily. The whole media was there and so many kar sevaks. I could not have put it in my pocket and planted it there. Irfan Habib [one of the prominent left historians in the pro-Babri group] must have realised the implication of this inscription. So his first instinct was to discredit it. He said it was a plant. But a plant from where? Okay, the kar sevaks planted it. But where did it come from? So he said private collection. But how come no one saw it before? Then Habib backtracked and said that the inscription had been stolen from the Lucknow museum. It was the Vishnu Hari inscription and was read by ASI’s chief epigraphist on court’s orders. It says this person who was a vassal of this king in this year built the temple for the person who destroyed the 10-headed Ravan. It is all there.

Now, another temple which Aurangzeb destroyed, Treta ka Thakur temple, is also in Ayodhya. From there, another inscription was recovered by British archaeologist A Führer, who sent it to Faizabad, and was then sent to the Lucknow museum. Kunal Kishore, who was OSD of Ayodhya cell during VP Singh’s Government, visited the Lucknow museum and took pictures of that inscription. It is badly damaged and shows only a few letters. And, of course, it was very much in place at the museum and not stolen.

One would have expected Habib to come forward and present his final opinion on this subject. He has not said a word. At the end of the day, when we can see closure, we have not heard a word from any of them. It is because every argument of theirs has been found untrue. But where is the accountability!

What role have left historians played in this whole episode?

Very negative. Their role has only poisoned the relationship between the two communities. And relations over this issue would not have deteriorated to this point if the left historians had not misled and misguided the Muslim group. And if I can add: the archaeologist KK Muhammed has in his book [Njan Enna Bharatiyan (I, an Indian)], because he was present as student of archaeology when BB Lal was excavating, said that when this controversy came up in a big way from 1989 onwards, there was a serious debate in the Muslim community that this site does not mean much to them. And that they have not offered namaaz [at the site] for decades, and it is so important for the Hindus. This is when the left stepped in.

It is a very harsh thing to say but their only role is the reason why there could be no understanding between the two communities. It is because the left has a very negative view of Hindu religion and they are also very negative about what we loosely call the Hindu civilisation. The established names have not produced one evidence.

Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:07 am

Triank wrote:
Muns wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:13 am
Another roller coaster over the last few days. Really can't tell what is going to happen. However it seems that the breakaway faction by Ajit Pawar may not be able to hold the numbers. Really a disgraceful situation with the Sena, allying with the missionary Congress party. While they may have the numbers, not really sure if they will have the unity they need over the next few months. Most likely this unstable government will come crashing down I feel in the next six months.

Floor test will be on the 27th. This may be well Karnataka type situation where Fadnavis will have to resign and sit in the opposition for a couple of months before this unholy alliance of the Sena, NCP and Congress really implodes.

What does it mean though however for the future with regard to the Hindu vote and the Sena? If anything, It might expose some of the hypocrisy with regard to what the Sena has been saying over the last few years. They might indeed take a big hit in the next elections.
in my view, perhaps, good riddance for the BJP with this betaal SS off its back now! SS had been behaving like a freeloader with no responsibilities (a la the marxists with UPA1), & on the top of it were plagiiarising 'vikaas' slogans off of BJP's books & then also taking incessant potshots at it as well as abusing the party! i think this divorce then was naturally coming. good riddance! many were/are of the view that BJP should've fought the 2019 LS elex on its own (given esp the above-mentioned petulant behaviour of the now sonia sena), but BJP for some reason couldnt muster the courage nor take the risk of that, but now, providence has and will make that happen for them. in due course the party should poach and absorb in disgruntled MLAs from the SonSen and throw karmachakra in this unholy alliance's devious works!!
Betaal is right. I also have some other choice names for this backstabbing Thakeray. Having half the seats as the BJP did and then to claim 50% of the chief Minister's position is amusing to say the least.
He could have definitely being deputy chief minister as a start. Instead he chose to be another Jaichand.....

What they have created is another ideological Battleground with a losing Sena.
I couldn't have imagined Udhav joining forces with missionary Sonia in order for him to achieve the chief Minister's position. Appalling to say the least.

One of the first things it seems that they will do is cancel the bullet train from mumbai to ahmedabad. It Was a Prestige Project for Modi and the NDA with a lot of help from Japan as well. Unfortunate to see it cancelled.

Hopefully funds from the center will day up and the pressure now will be to break the Ncp or Sena over the next couple of months.

Ajit Pawar will be deputy CM twice in a week....now for Udhav it seems. Only in India.....


Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk


chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 pm

twitter

After Accidental PM, now Sonia Gandhi come with new venture “Accidental CM”


Image

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:27 am

26/11: While ISI tried saving a breaking Lashkar, some in India manufactured a Hindu terror plot


26/11: While ISI tried saving a breaking Lashkar, some in India manufactured a Hindu terror plot

By Vicky Nanjappa
29, Nov 2019,

26/11: While ISI tried saving a breaking Lashkar, some in India manufactured a Hindu terror plot

Highlights
While an immediate response to the 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai was not to be found, what’s more surprising is how a conspiracy was manufactured to blame the attack on the Hindus. But why did the terror outfit target India?

Earlier this week, India observed the 11th anniversary of the Mumbai 26/11 attacks. It was undoubtedly one of the most horrific events that India has witnessed.

Watching the attack unfold, any child would have said that this was textbook Pakistan. The grit, hatred and manner with which the 10 jihadis undertook the attack made it clear that they were highly trained operatives from Pakistan.

During a rally in April 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that instead of giving Pakistan a befitting reply to the 26/11 attack, the Congress decided to affix the word terror with Hindu. The Congress conspired to change the entire discourse of the probe.

A manufactured conspiracy:

It was clear that there was a deliberate attempt to manufacture a conspiracy by trying to blame the attack on the Hindus. There were arguments that some of the terrorists were sporting saffron bands on their hands and hence they may have been Hindus. Anyone who has followed terror closely would be aware of the fact that terrorists are told to deliberately divert the attention of investigators.

Ajmal Kasab, too, claimed during his interrogation that they were advised by their handlers to sport saffron bands so that the blame would not be on Pakistan. For someone to claim that it was the handiwork of Hindus just because they were sporting saffron bands, sounds silly and childish. It would also be interesting to note that David Headley in his confession said that it was he who purchased the saffron bands for the attackers.

Further, it was said that the then ATS chief Hemant Karkare was targeted because he had exposed a Hindu angle in the Malegaon blast case. Every inquiry disproved this theory and it has become clear that Karkare, Ashok Kamte and Vijay Salaskar fell to the bullets of the terrorists from Pakistan.

The Congress which has been accused of not acting enough against Pakistan was further embarrassed by its leader, Digvijaya Singh. Not only did he make wild allegations against the Hindu leaders, but took part in the launch of the book, “RSS ki Saazish-26/11.

AR Antulay of the Congress went on to say that there is more than what meets the eye and there should be a probe into the killing of Hemant Karkare. Singh said that Karkare had told him hours before the strike that he feared for his safety from Hindu extremists.

Group editor of Roznama Rashtriya Sahara, Aziz Burney went a step ahead and blamed the CIA, Mossad, Narendra Modi and RSS for the attack.

To top it all, the former Inspector General of Police, SM Mushrif wrote a book titled,” Who killed Karkare? The real face of terrorism in India.” While he blamed the overall attack on the Pakistanis, he had a different take on the killing of Karkare. He said that the lack of intelligence led to the attack and some right-wing groups took advantage of the same and killed Karkare. Knowing fully well that Karkare would come on to the road to battle the terrorists, the right-wing groups took advantage. They synchronised the attack to perfection and killed him, he had also said.

The Kasab, Headley files and thank you Tukaram Omble:

Had it not been for the valiant efforts of Tukarram Omble, we would have never got Ajmal Kasab alive. He took nearly 40 bullets in his chest to capture Kasab alive, before he laid down his own life.

It was clear that Mumbai Police at the start were shooting in the dark and the entire episode had become all too overwhelming to them.

However, the case began to take shape with the interrogation of Kasab. He began his interrogation by saying, “I am Ajmal Kasab, I am from Pakistan and I am part of the Lashkar-e-Taiba. All through he spoke about the involvement of the Pakistanis in the attack. Several times he refers to Hafiz Saeed as ‘chacha’ in his investigation.

Kasab also speaks about Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi and several others in the Lashkar-e-Tayiba. He further refers to the maritime training given by former officers of the Pakistan military.

When the David Headley angle cropped up, the investigations went up to another level. Headley detailed the role of the Pakistan establishment and spoke about his handler, Said Mir. This mystery man Mir is believed to be part of the ISI, who was later moved to the Lashkar-e-Taiba to oversee the 26/11 attack.

The rumblings within the Lashkar-e-Taiba:

There is something that very few know about the origins of the 26/11 attack. It was originally planned by Ilyas Kashmiri, the chiefs of the Al-Qaeda’s 313 Brigade. He had planned several attacks in India and hitting Mumbai was part of it.

Kashmiri had planned a major operation for the eradication of India of Ghazb-e-Hind and had even begun training 10 jihadis for the operation. During his meeting with Headley, he had discussed the same. The entire operation was to begin in India.

It was around that time that there was a lot of unease within the Lashkar. Several cadres of the outfit were upset with the top leadership as well as the ISI as they felt that they were giving away too much to the Americans. They felt that Pakistan was mum about the US operations in Afghanistan as a result of which their brothers within the Taliban were dying.

Many had started to revolt against the leadership and said that they wanted to quit the outfit and go fight alongside their brothers in Afghanistan.

This was a panic situation for Saeed and the ISI. The ISI and Pakistan army could not afford to let the Lashkar-e-Taiba collapse as it was their most trusted proxies. At any cost the ISI wanted a diversion for the cadres of the outfit. They felt that it would be best to hit a big Indian target, and this would divert the attention of the cadres and keep them happy. At any cost the ISI did not want the Lashkar cadres breaking away and leaving for Afghanistan.

The ISI got wind that Ilyas Kashmiri was planning a large-scale attack in India. The ISI wanted no interference by the Al-Qaeda in India as it wanted only the Jaish-e-Mohammad and Lashkar-e-Taiba to focus on India. The ISI then approached Kashmiri, who originally hails from Kotli in Pakistan. Kashmiri was easy for the ISI to manoeuvre since he was once part of the Special Services Group of the Pakistan army.

It was agreed that Kashmir would stay away from India and the attack he had been planning would be staged by the Lashkar-e-Taiba.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:43 am

This was published in the Dawn, a true blue paki newspaper, on August 03, 2015.

what more proof do Indian CT experts need to see the truth about the origins of 26/11.


Mumbai attacks trial
Mumbai attacks trial

Tariq Khosa
August 03, 2015

The writer is former DG, FIA.

THE Mumbai terror attacks were claimed by India to be its 9/11. For more than 66 hours, 10 highly trained militants played havoc in India’s commercial metropolis, spraying bullets and shedding the blood of innocent civilians and tourists in November 2008, bringing the two nuclear neighbours to the brink of an all-out war.

In Ufa, Russia on July 10, 2015, both the prime ministers of Pakistan and India were “prepared to discuss all outstanding issues,” and both the leaders “condemned terrorism in all its forms” and agreed to cooperate with each other “to eliminate this menace from South Asia”. Therefore, we in Pakistan should welcome this development wholeheartedly.

Didn’t we suffer the pain and agony of our own 9/11 on Dec 16, 2014, at the hands of the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan and its surrogates and aren’t we as a nation determined to root out terrorism in all its forms from our soil? The answer is obviously a resounding yes and I have no doubt that the political and security leadership have resolved to eliminate the scourge of terrorism, militancy and extremism through the counterterrorism National Action Plan. The duality and distinction between good and bad Taliban, including all militants and terrorists, should stand removed from Miramshah to Muridke, from Karachi to Quetta.

Against this backdrop, the agreement between PMs Sharif and Modi in Ufa to approve the meeting of their national security advisers to “discuss all issues related to terrorism” was a welcome development. Pakistan’s concerns in respect of the botched investigation into the Samjhauta Express bombing and alleged covert support to the Baloch insurgency as well as reported ‘terror financing’ both in Karachi and Fata by Indian and other foreign agencies should not only be highlighted but concrete evidence presented to put a stop to such means of non-kinetic warfare resorted to by sleuths from both sides to further their so-called national interests.

There are very knowledgeable and competent professionals with investigation and intelligence background in Pakistan who can meet the Indian security officials and talk as professionals. They too have many skeletons in their cupboards. So why fight shy? Let both India and Pakistan admit their mistakes and follies and learn to co-exist while trying to find solutions to their thorny issues through peaceful means.

Pakistan has to deal with the Mumbai mayhem, planned and launched from its soil. This requires facing the truth and admitting mistakes. The entire state security apparatus must ensure that the perpetrators and masterminds of the ghastly terror attacks are brought to justice. The case has lingered on for far too long. Dilatory tactics by the defendants, frequent change of trial judges, and assassination of the case prosecutor as well as retracting from original testimony by some key witnesses have been serious setbacks for the prosecutors. However, cognizance was taken by the Islamabad High Court which directed the trial to be concluded within two months.

The following facts are pertinent. First, Ajmal Kasab was a Pakistani national, whose place of residence and initial schooling as well as his joining a banned militant organisation was established by the investigators. Second, the Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists were imparted training near Thatta, Sindh and launched by sea from there. The training camp was identified and secured by the investigators. The casings of the explosive devices used in Mumbai were recovered from this training camp and duly matched. Third, the fishing trawler used by the terrorists for hijacking an Indian trawler in which they sailed to Mumbai, was brought back to harbour, then painted and concealed. It was recovered by the investigators and connected to the accused. Fourth, the engine of the dinghy abandoned by the terrorists near Mumbai harbour contained a patent number through which the investigators traced its import from Japan to Lahore and then to a Karachi sports shop from where an LeT-linked militant purchased it along with the dinghy. The money trail was followed and linked to the accused who was arrested. Fifth, the ops room in Karachi, from where the operation was directed, was also identified and secured by the investigators. The communications through Voice over Internet Protocol were unearthed. Sixth, the alleged commander and his deputies were identified and arrested. Seventh, a couple of foreign-based financiers and facilitators were arrested and brought to face trial.

After an exchange of multiple investigation dossiers with the Indian police authorities, the trial court was requested to give approval to obtain voice samples of the alleged commander and his deputies for comparison with the recorded voices. The court ruled that the consent of the accused should be obtained. Obviously, the suspects refused. Then a plea was submitted before the sessions court to authorise the investigators to take the voice samples despite the lack of consent. The plea was denied on account of there being no such provision in the Evidence Act or the antiterrorism law applicable at that time. The investigators then went in appeal before the High Court. That appeal, I believe, is still pending. The Fair Trial Act, 2013 caters for admissibility of such technical evidence. However, its application with retrospective effect is a moot point.

The Mumbai case is quite unique: one incident with two jurisdictions and two trials. While the Indians managed to nab Ajmal Kasab and were able to obtain his confession to close the trial, proving conspiracy in a different jurisdiction is more complex and requires a far superior quality of evidence. Therefore, the legal experts from both sides need to sit together rather than sulk and point fingers.

Indian interlocutors, engaged during the talks between the then prime ministers of India and Pakistan in Egypt in 2009, had conceded that the Pakistani investigators had done a professional job in the indictment of seven perpetrators of the attack. However, the Pakistani authorities should not forget that the FIA declared various other facilitators and operatives as fugitives in the case. The trial will not be over with the disposal of those under arrest or on bail. Other missing links need to be uncovered after the absconders’ arrest.

This case will not be over soon.

Are we as a nation prepared to muster the courage to face uncomfortable truths and combat the demons of militancy that haunt our land? That is the question!

The writer is former DG, FIA.

Published in Dawn, August 3rd, 2015

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:15 am

Easier to convince a dacoit than a communist: Read what Dr KK Muhammad said at Mangaluru Lit Fest

Easier to convince a dacoit than a communist: Read what Dr KK Muhammad said at Mangaluru Lit Fest


Easier to convince a dacoit than a communist: Read what Dr KK Muhammad said at Mangaluru Lit Fest

KK Muhammad also stated that even the BJP government has not done enough to preserve the culture and heritage of the nation. He added that Lord Ram should also be a part of Muslim culture in India.

OPINDIA STAFF
NOVEMBER 29, 2019

KK Muhammad stated that it is easier to reason with a dacoit than with a communist

Image
Archaeologist KK Muhammed at Mangaluru Lit Fest


On Friday, Dr KK Muhammed, the former regional director of Archaeological Survey of India (ASI), who was one of the archaeologists who had unearthed a temple beneath the controversial Babri Masjid stated that it was easy to convince a dacoit but it is impossible to convince a communist.

The BJP govt was of no help. I then convinced the dreaded dacoit Nirbhay Gujjar to respect our heritage & allow me to protect it. He relented, and I was able to reconstruct as many as 80 temples. You can convince a dacoit but never a communist, says Dr KK Muhammed at @mlrlitfest. pic.twitter.com/l8RG78yiYN

— Anand Ranganathan (@ARanganathan72) November 29, 2019

Speaking at the second edition of the Mangaluru Literature Festival on the ‘Idea of Bharat’, former archaeologist Dr KK Muhammad shared his anecdotes during his days at the Archaeological Survey of India. Dr KK Muhammed spoke about how he was successful in convincing a dreaded dacoit of the Chambal valley to not only allow him to rebuild temples but also how he motivated the dacoit to take up the cause of temple restoration.

“During one of our projects to restore temples in the Chambal valley that had been ravaged in the past, I came across a dreaded dacoit named Nirbhay Singh Gujjar, who helped me to rebuild around 80 temples in areas around Bhatukeshwar and Bhojpur in Madhya Pradesh,” said Muhammed.

He added, “The BJP govt was of no help. I then convinced the dreaded dacoit Nirbhay Gujjar to respect our heritage and allow me to protect it. He relented, and I was able to reconstruct as many as 80 temples. You can convince a dacoit but never a communist.”

Narrating the incident, Muhammed also said how he was successful in convincing the dreaded dacoit of the Chambal valley to take up the cause of restoration of dozens of temples in the area built during the reign of Gurjara Pratiharas.

Dr KK Muhammed’s statements came as a response to the continuous interference of the left-wing ideologues and self-proclaimed communist historians in the Ram Mandir case. The left-wing historians had time and again attempted to debunk the ASI reports that had suggested that there was a temple beneath the controversial mosque at Ayodhya.

Even several times in the past, the former archaeologist had alleged that Left historians like Irfan Habib and Romila Thapar had thwarted attempts to arrive at a resolution to the Babri Masjid issue.

KK Muhammed was a part of the team of archaeologists which had carried out the first excavation at the site in 1976-77 that had unearthed 12 pillars of a Hindu temple at Babri Masjid site.

Dr Mohammed had said that communists did not want the Ayodhya issue to be settled and it was they who stopped Muslim organisations from handing over the disputed land to Hindus.

“The Babri issue would have been settled long ago if the Muslim intelligentsia had not fallen prey to the brainwashing by the Leftist historians. A set of historians including Romila Thapar, Bipin Chandra and S Gopal argued that there was no mention of the dismantling of the temple before 19th century and Ayodhya is Bhudhist-Jain centre. They were supported by historians Irfan Habib, RS Sharma, DN Jha, Suraj Ben and Akthar Ali,” Dr KK Muhammed had stated in the past.

Dr KK Muhammed also expressed his disappointment over the reluctance of the BJP government in conserving and promoting Indian culture and heritage. “We expected so much from the nationalist BJP govt when it came to power, but it has been six years and they have not done anything. So much of our culture and heritage lies in utter neglect. In fact, Congress was better because at least they didn’t interfere,” said Dr KK Muhammed.

“If after giving away Pakistan, India is still secular it’s because of the tolerance of the Hindu majority!”, KK Muhammad pic.twitter.com/2YDQq4x6Zd

— MALAVIKA AVINASH (@MALAVIKAAVINASH) November 29, 2019

Speaking at the literature festival, KK Muhammed also said that if Lord Rama is not part of Muslims culture in the country, he was not a perfect Muslim. “Let me be clear, India is secular only because it is a Hindu majority nation, said Dr KK Muhammed.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:50 am

Both demands are so innocent sounding but in reality, they are not. :mrgreen:


Sharad Pawar had sent message to PM Modi and Amit Shah with two demands for his support in Maharashtra, they rejected both


NOVEMBER 30, 2019

Sharad Pawar had sent message to PM Modi and Amit Shah with two demands for his support in Maharashtra, they rejected both

It was also speculated that Sharad Pawar gave his tactical consent to his nephew's move but afterwards, he took to Twitter to deny the alliance of the NCP with the BJP.

OPINDIA STAFF
NOVEMBER 30, 2019


Uddhav Thackeray of Shiv Sena has finally been sworn in as the Chief Minister of Maharashtra after Shiv Sena, Congress and NCP alliance formed the government in the state. The development came after Ajit Pawar of NCP had withdrawn support from the BJP government leading to the resignation of Devendra Fadnavis and Ajit Pawar as CM and Deputy CM respectively. It now appears that Sharad Pawar himself was ready to offer support to BJP and had sent communication with two demands to PM Modi and HM Amit Shah, and BJP had rejected them both, leading to the fall of the 3-day old alliance between Ajit Pawar and BJP.

Sharad Pawar, the NCP supremo had written to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Home Minister Amit Shah with two conditions to support the government formation in Maharashtra. Both these demands were reportedly rejected by the party.

Demand 1: Removal of Devendra Fadnavis

According to IANS, the first demand that NCP supremo Sharad Pawar had placed before PM Modi and Amit Shah was that Devendra Fadnavis should not be Maharashtra’s Chief Minister and that he should be removed.

It is unclear as to why Pawar was adamant about Devendra Fadnavis being removed as the CM of Maharashtra. Either way, this demand was summarily rejected by BJP. PM Modi and Amit Shah were never in favour of removing Devendra Fadnavis since he had completed his 5-year tenure without any controversy or allegations.

Devendra Fadnavis was the first Chief Minister to complete his 5-year tenure in 47 years.

Apart from this, the party contested the elections with Fadnavis as the CM face and even the Prime Minister, while addressing the party workers from the BJP headquarters on 24 October, had announced him as the Chief Minister. Hence, it was difficult for the BJP to accept this demand from the NCP supremo.

Demand 2: Agriculture Ministry to Supriya Sule

The second demand that Sharad Pawar posed to PM Modi and Amit Shah was the Agriculture Ministry be given to Supriya Sule.

According to IANS, this demand was rejected as well. BJP thought that if it decided to offer the agriculture ministry to the NCP, the Janata Dal-United (JD-U), its ally from Bihar, will demand the railway ministry. In this situation, despite having the mandate, the BJP would lose two big ministries.

The 40-minute meeting between Sharad Pawar and PM Modi
After NCP supremo Sharad Pawar got no response on these two demands from the BJP, Pawar had met PM Modi and conducted a 40-minute meeting regarding the same. According to IANS, during the 40-minute meeting between Sharad Pawar and PM Modi, the Prime Minister did not agree to the demands posed by Sharad Pawar.

On 22 November, Sharad Pawar’s nephew and senior NCP leader Ajit Pawar offered support to the BJP. It was said that Ajit Pawar had the backing of around 30-35 MLAs who were ready to support the BJP.

Read: Hunger for power is such that Shiv Sena wants to align with Sonia Gandhi: Devendra Fadnavis resigns as Maharashtra Chief Minister

It was also speculated that Sharad Pawar gave his tactical consent to his nephew’s move but afterwards, he took to Twitter to deny the alliance of the NCP with the BJP.

According to speculations, though Sharad Pawar had distanced himself publicly, Ajit Pawar had Sharad Pawar’s tacit support in his alliance. Pawar had hoped that BJP will eventually concede to both demands posed by Sharad Pawar however, that did not happen and thus, Ajit Pawar was asked to retreat and NCP joined hands with Congress and Shiv Sena to form the government.

Dilip Deodhar, the RSS ideologue from Nagpur, told IANS, “There was a buzz about Sharad Pawar’s demands in the Sangh, but Modi’s denial was more than that. Since the farmers’ issue is one of the main matters in the state, the agriculture ministry would have been the best bet for the NCP. Sharad Pawar had earlier served as the agriculture minister.

“Secondly, Fadnavis was the choice of Modi so there was no question of replacing him. When Sharad Pawar finally understood that the BJP will not agree to his demands, he decided to ally with the Sena and the Congress.”

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:57 am

Expect an anti India onslaught and tirade from niazi and his beleaguered mentor.

For anything going awry in pukiland, we are their natural fall guys.

RSS and Modi may feature prominently in this tirade.


Imran and Bajwa on sticky wicket

Imran and Bajwa on sticky wicket

THE SUNDAY GUARDIAN
November 30, 2019, 6:19 PM

Something very curious is going on in India’s immediate neighbourhood—across its western borders to be specific. The judiciary in Pakistan seems to have discovered the spine to take on the chief of the Pakistan army, something unthinkable until recently. First the Supreme Court suspended the three-year extension given to General Qamar Javed Bajwa by the government of Prime Minister Imran Khan Niazi, through an interim order and later, even while allowing Bajwa an extension of six months, the court issued a stern warning to the government about legislating on the rules and procedures of appointing the army chief, including giving him an extension.

Considering Pakistan is a country where army chiefs extend their tenures at their own will and considering, earlier, a PPP government had given an extension to then General Ashfaq Kayani without anyone protesting, no wonder the Supreme Court’s sudden zealousness is being described by the Pakistani media as an instance of “unprecedented assertion”. The question is if this sudden display of bravado would have been possible without the backing of the army in a country where the reins of actual power are in the hands of the military establishment. Seemingly, a revolt is brewing in the upper echelons of the Pakistan army over the extension given to Bajwa.

Reports are that Bajwa’s extension has destroyed the career progressions of over 15 lieutenant generals, who will have to retire before Bajwa retires in three years’ time. Pakistan may have an army chief, but the chief is not the army. At best he is the first among equals. Rawalpindi GHQ is about a group of generals, the corps commanders, who control everything and select the army chief from amongst themselves.

That there is unrest among the corps commanders becomes obvious from the way Bajwa made certain appointments, thus trying to eliminate all possibilities of dissent against his extension. The most prominent of such moves was the supersession of the senior-most officer after Bajwa, Lt Gen Sarfraz Sattar, by Gen Nadeem Raza as Chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee, the second most important post after the army chief. Sattar was apparently then COAS Raheel Sharif’s choice to become army chief in 2019, following the natural sequence of promotions. Sattar had a year of service left but retired once he was superseded. And this is just one instance. Bajwa has carried out a major reshuffle, obviously in an attempt to surround himself with loyalists who would strengthen his hands if he continues for three more years as army chief.

This being the situation, it is but natural that questions will be raised about who added the steel to the judiciary’s spine. In fact, the judiciary’s arrow is targeted not just at Bajwa but also at Imran Khan Niazi, who, anyway is in dire straits and is proving to be incapable of governing his country.

As the economy spirals out of his control, Niazi’s reliance on the army increases to run Pakistan, or rather to stop himself from running it aground. As people’s resentment rises against his government, Niazi is getting increasingly dependent on Bajwa to ensure that he is able to retain his chair. This also has to be seen in the context of reports that the army chief is now personally trying to tackle the economic mess that the country has landed in.

As observers in Pakistan have been pointing out, their country is witnessing a “diarchy of power”, where “personal relationship”—some sort of a quid pro quo arrangement—is ensuring the continuance of not just Imran Khan Niazi, but also the extension of Gen Bajwa’s “rule”.

This sudden rebellion against both Imran Khan and Bajwa has to be seen in the context of another player, whose name is not being mentioned but who has Pakistan confined in a straitjacket—China.

There is speculation that China, which has a major Uyghur problem in its hands and in typical style is being heavy-handed in tackling it, is unhappy with the push being given by Niazi and Bajwa to align Pakistan’s interests with that of Turkey.

The Islamic Caliphate idea, with Turkey as the head, which is being pushed by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has found the most ardent backers in Pakistan and in Malaysia under Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad. However, it is not helping the Pakistani duo’s case that Turkey may have banned the Turkic Uyghurs’ East

Turkistan Islamic Movement (now known as Turkistan Islamic Party/Movement) operating in China’s Xinjiang province as a terrorist organisation, but reports are that “unofficial” support to the “jihadist” organisation still continues.

Given the present circumstances, Niazi and Bajwa may have gone too far when it comes to Turkey, a fact that has angered China.

Whatever be the case, the future is looking increasingly uncertain for both Imran Khan Niazi and General Qamar Javed Bajwa. There cannot be a military coup in Pakistan for fear of American sanctions, but the world should not be surprised if the duo’s downfall comes through a judicial coup, sooner or later, just the way it happened with Nawaz Sharif.

Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 am

'Mumbai is already submerged' Twitter trolls Maha CM Uddhav's 'multilevel aquarium' plan

https://www.freepressjournal.in/mumbai/ ... arium-plan

What a joke!. This is what Udhav Thackeray seems to be focusing on. Forget the bullet train or even the Metro. What Mumbai needs is more fish for people to stare at. This is his top priority..... As part of the new gathbandhan.
What the voter needs to do is take one of those market fish and slap this guy across the face.....

Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:00 am

Fake encounter or Justice Delivered. Guess we will really never know. However what I find troubling is the fact that a full complement of police couldn't hold these four under security.

In the end it turned out that all 4 got shot quickly and died at the place of their Gruesome "paap".Or did they?Perhaps they were shot somewhere else and brought to the scene of the crime.

While the family and the country overall seems to be relieved that the eventual Justice came in short order, It also means that the courts promise of fast track in such cases will get delayed.

It will now leave me a lot more wary about not at all trying to cross State police in India.





Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk


chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:12 am

You know why they're doing this?

Because despite all their heavy-handed, one-sided, blatantly biased censorship, the left is still losing the debate because we point out their hypocrisy.


twitter
Last year, when I spoke to Twitter reps, they lied and gaslight us about their targeted manipulation of people’s tweets. Now it’s in their new TOS. https://www.xbiz.com/news/248768/twitte ... -shadowban … nu, @RubinReport, we’re waiting for an alternative



Image

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:13 am

This is a political as well as a national security issue.

This cro magnon jack creature is clearly part of the BIF



Image

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:06 am

Why Indo-British relations are so abysmal

Why Indo-British relations are so abysmal

Gautam Sen
December 7, 2019,

Both the Labour and the Conservatives are engaged in elaborate deceptions to deceive Indian-origin voters for electoral purposes, scheduled for 12 December. In reality, only a proverbial inch or so separates their opinions of Indian-origin voters and India itself.




For decades, before and after Independence, the sheer weight of brainwashing trapped educated Indians in a make-believe world of mutual Anglo-British bonhomie. The dream of many Indians, to this day, is to reach Oxbridge as a Rhodes Scholar, despite its vicious animus towards India, and visit Buckingham Palace as a tourist. The leading Indian Anglophiles have been mostly déraciné Bengalis and the likes of journalist Khushwant Singh and a handful of Parsis, nostalgic for the British rule that facilitated their prosperity. And there was of course chacha-ji, Jawaharlal Nehru, the greatest Anglophile of them all, whose shocking intimacy with Edwina Mountbatten has recently been exposed in an unsparing biography of the ghastly Mountbattens. This unreal reverie of Indo-British mutual regard has been pointedly swept aside by a growing body of scholarly work that portrays the full horror of life under British rule that most Indians allergic to books fail to realise.

Britain without India, the formidable Lord Curzon had observed in 1908, would be reduced to nothing, an insignificant island off the coast of mainland Europe. The British, fully cognisant of this potential reality, had made preparations to quell Indian resistance to imperial rule after 1857 by rapidly cultivating Islam in the third quarter of the 19th century, to combat nationalist stirrings initiated by educated upper caste Bengali Hindus. It culminated in the sponsorship of the Muslim League in 1906 to intervene decisively against the growing nationalist discontent. The caste divisions of contemporary India were also sowed in the latter part of 19th century, transforming India’s essentially fluid socioeconomic stratification of the majority into institutionalised, quasi-religious fissures. It is this grim legacy of cynical manipulation that holds all aspects of Indian society in a vicious strangulating grip even today. The modern sectarian Sikh identity was also created by privileging Jat Sikhs and enforcing strict religious observance on Sikh army recruits, once their loyalty was evident in helping to quell the 1857 uprising.


By the time the British had decided to abandon India and did so in a cynical bloodbath of immense proportions, considered calculations of how to minimise the geopolitical fallout had already been made. The answer was to somehow secure India’s northern frontier to limit Soviet influence especially because Joseph Stalin had already threatened to upset the British imperial applecart in both India and the Middle East. Britain did lose India but retains, to this day, huge cultural and psychological sway by controlling its educational culture and media’s worldview. India’s leaders never quite proved equal to British machinations and failed to grasp the devastating geopolitical disadvantages it was inheriting due to their own childlike naivety and cupidity. The creation of Pakistan itself was fully in accord with British plans as scholars have highlighted and the British seizure of Gilgit-Baltistan on its behalf was the product of pure strategic calculation. Britain eventually lost primacy in the Middle East to the US, ejected after bitter rivalry with it. Britain only managed to retain some scraps of the leftovers, in the Gulf, as protectors of abominable monarchies and the US allowed Britain a toehold in Saudi Arabia too. British hostility towards India was demonstrated during the wars with Pakistan in 1965 and 1971, both of which British governments blamed on India, ignoring the genocide in what became Bangladesh after the second conflict.

Events in the UK in recent months have highlighted the reality of a deep Indo-British disjuncture that has clearly had long antecedents in Whitehall. Its corollary has always been a deep animus towards India of the British media and British university departments, both of which operate in concurrence with Whitehall policies.

The universities churn out “self-hating” mis-educated Indians and spew hostile propaganda in veritable racist frenzy, against what they deem India’s venal and idolatrous Baniya culture, beyond the pale. This is why the two attacks on the London Indian High Commission in August and September 2019 should have come as no surprise and the reason for the last-minute diversion of the third planned assault by Pakistani and Khalistani mobs requires explanation.

Both the major political parties, the Labour Party and the Conservatives, are engaged in elaborate deceptions to deceive Indian-origin voters for electoral purposes, scheduled for 12 December. In reality, only a proverbial inch or so separates their opinions of Indian-origin voters and India itself. But they are also easily able to manipulate the incorrigibly self-serving, British East African Indian leadership, which has appointed itself to represent Indian-origin voters, achieve their ignoble purposes.

The issue of vote bank imperatives can only explain the open hostility of the British Labour Party and that of the Liberal-Democrats towards India and contempt for the Indian-origin electorate. But the Conservatives, not similarly dependent on Muslim votes, were the political party that had ultimate responsibility for the two violent recent demonstrations outside India House in London, the diplomatic staff imprisoned for five hours and barely escaping physical injury. It is also shocking to know that the third demonstration by Pakistani and Khalistani thugs, planned to coincide with Diwali by the Pakistani diplomatic mission, was only diverted away from the Indian High Commission at the last moment. Delhi unprecedentedly intervened to make clear that the security of the British High Commission in its capital could not be unequivocally guaranteed.

Nor should one forget the duplicity of the Conservative British government for allowing its ambassador at the UN to conspire with China to embarrass India at the UNSC meeting on J&K. It is clear that the British establishment is wary of terrorism and does not wish to provoke its Pakistani citizens, but there’s more to the rationale than fear alone of terrorist retaliation, of kowtowing with Pakistan, which is in embarrassing disarray and not taken seriously by any country.


Britain and Pakistan have been virtual allies since its founding in 1947 and the relationship has remained intact beyond the end of the Cold War. US goodwill towards Pakistan has waned and benevolence was only prolonged owing to the need to supply its Afghan war effort through Karachi. But Britain and Pakistan have also been partners in the Middle East and engaged in a joint endeavour together for decades to protect the Saudi monarchy though as junior US cronies. They are both currently jointly facilitating the ongoing Saudi genocide in Yemen. Retired former Chief of Staff of the Pakistani army, General Raheel Sharif, is Commander-in Chief of the 39-nation Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition. Thousands of British personnel, both private and military, are also culpable in the war crimes of indiscriminate Saudi bombing of Yemeni targets that include everything from hospitals to wedding parties. It won’t be surprising to discover that some Saudi warplanes, serviced and with bomb bays loaded by British personnel, are piloted by Pakistanis. This unholy British-Pakistani nexus, hugely profitable for both, far exceeds in scale any recompense India can offer Britain. On the contrary, India enjoys a substantial surplus in trade with UK. In addition, Britain and Pakistan are partners in war crimes being committed daily against Yemeni civilians and cannot afford escape their villainous mutual embrace.

It may be surmised that despite the duplicitous public handwringing all major British political parties are aware of their country’s role in Yemen, but the sordid “national interest” in making handsome war profits for British arms manufacturers unfailingly triumphs. British war crimes in the Middle East are well-documented, not least the role of the Labour Party government in devastating both Iraq and Syria and Libya too. It was Tony Blair’s socialist Labour government that manufactured evidence about weapons of mass destruction used by the US to justify regime change in Iraq. This is the harsh reality that accounts for the British scorn towards India and scandalous acquiescence towards Pakistani criminality in the streets of London.


In addition, Britain has important economic interests in Hong Kong and in a post-Brexit era economic ties with China will only be rivalled by its dependence on the US. A frosty low-key message on Indo-Pak issues from the Chinese ambassador in London to the British Foreign Office is rather more compelling than plaintive cries from the Indian High Commissioner for protection from violent thugs threatening the safety of Indian diplomats. India is not even a distant third as a potential trade partner, though many unscrupulous British Asians are trying to sell the lemon of its significance by lobbying for HMG in Delhi, while pretending to be ardent Hindu patriots. British Indian-origin ministers are wholly loyal to the Crown they serve and their British-Asian business counterparts are only useful for planting misleading information in the ears of Indian politicians while they line their own pockets as facilitators of “deals” between the two countries.

Dr Gautam Sen taught international political economy at the London School of Economics and Political Science for more than two decades.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 am

Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion


Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion

by Akshay Narang 8 December 2019


In a major jolt to Shiv Sena, 400 party workers have reportedly joined the BJP at an event in Dharavi on Wednesday. The reason behind this exodus is the disillusionment with the Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray as he stitched an alliance with ideological rivals- the NCP and the Congress.

Ramesh Nadar, Sena leader who was heading the delegation of people joining BJP said, “I was working with Shiv Sena for 10 years. We were supporting the Hindutva ideology of Sena. I was given an office to serve people but as Sena has decided to form the government with NCP and Congress, it is not acceptable to us. Now, we all have decided to join BJP.”

The Shiv Sena is, therefore, facing a major crisis at the ground, ideological level. Unfortunately for Uddhav Thackeray, this sense of disillusionment within the party is only going to exacerbate from here as several reports suggest that NCP is going to get hold of key Home and Finance portfolios in the coalition government, while Ajit Pawar is eyeing the deputy CM post. Moreover, NCP may also get hold of other key portfolios such as Power and Forest & Environment.

The fact remains that the primary object for Shiv Sena leadership was to get the CM chair out of this coalition. This was the main reason behind Shiv Sena parting its ways with the BJP. Uddhav Thackeray has got the CM chair and he is content with it, however, others may not be content with the leftover, insignificant portfolios that they will be getting.

Besides this, Shiv Sena is likely going to get 16 cabinet berths including the CM chair, while the NCP is also going to get 15 berths in the cabinet. Even the Congress will be getting hold of 12 ministries. This virtually translates into fewer cabinet berths for the NCP. Due to three-way division of portfolios, the Shiv Sena might end up with fewer portfolios than what it would have been able to get had it formed a government with the BIP. This virtually means that several Shiv Sena MLAs who would have been hopeful of becoming ministers would now be left without portfolios. This contentious division of ministries among the three parties is the reason why the cabinet has still not been finalised and reports suggest there is huge unrest in the Maha Vikas Aghadi.

The Shiv Sena is set to face almost unmanageable resentment within its cadres and its MLAs. A major exodus of Shiv Sainiks took place on Wednesday and this is only going to get worse from here.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:45 am

twitter

India’s British diaspora more effective than its US diaspora which began flexing its electoral muscle only after ⁦@RepJayapal⁩’s loaded resolution on #Kashmir. Indian-American lawmakers & their backers in Indian parliament are a particularly feckless lot. Vote. Them. Out.


Image

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 am

Amit Shah trolls like a pro

‘If CAB Violates Article 14 Then Why Do We Have Special Laws For Minority Institutions’: Amit Shah Responds
‘Congress Is So Secular That It Aligns With Both Muslim League And Shiv Sena’: Amit Shah Slams CAB Critics

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:07 am

and he's off again............

our wannabe FM/PM in waiting and his latest pearls of wisdom

As usual former #RBI governor #RaghuramRajan restates obvious causes of India’s economic slowdown without conceding his role in them by 1) overlooking huge bank NPAs till near the end of his term & 2) keeping interest rates high despite low inflation, squeezing industrial growth


Image

Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:01 am

chetak wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:41 am
Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion


Struggling to keep cadre in tact and bag key ministries, Shiv Sena is all set for an implosion

by Akshay Narang 8 December 2019

In a major jolt to Shiv Sena, 400 party workers have reportedly joined the BJP at an event in Dharavi on Wednesday. The reason behind this exodus is the disillusionment with the Shiv Sena supremo Uddhav Thackeray as he stitched an alliance with ideological rivals- the NCP and the Congress.

The Shiv Sena is set to face almost unmanageable resentment within its cadres and its MLAs. A major exodus of Shiv Sainiks took place on Wednesday and this is only going to get worse from here.
I'm hearing the same from people on the ground as well. Increasingly people are disillusioned with the choice that the Shiv Sena had to make because of Udhav Greed. They could've followed the Bal Thackeray outlined in that whoever got more seats would get the chief ministers post. He would've always been deputy chief minister, but to violate Hindu principles for his own personal greed is completely shocking.
To ally with the biggest missionary party and one who has a track record of extreme funding of churches as well as bishops all across South India is extremely shocking.

It is these facts hopefully that will slowly lead to increasing disillusionment across-the-board by Sainiks and have them rebel against the Sena. Hard to believe that their MLA's all stood with him when it counted.

Muns
Forum Moderator
Posts: 311
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:01 am
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by Muns » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:08 am

chetak wrote:
Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:46 am
Amit Shah trolls like a pro

‘If CAB Violates Article 14 Then Why Do We Have Special Laws For Minority Institutions’: Amit Shah Responds
‘Congress Is So Secular That It Aligns With Both Muslim League And Shiv Sena’: Amit Shah Slams CAB Critics
Fact is they are 49 Muslim majority nations. Are you telling me that none of them can take on these Rohingya refugees? That seems to be the crux of the opposition in trying to allow more Muslim refugees to settle in India and become ghettoized in Hyderabad as well as Jammu and Kashmir.
This would serve to be a massive security threat but it is allowed for vote bank politics especially related to Bengal, Kerala, Telangana and Jammu and Kashmir.

While Hindus were getting massacred and butchered as well as raped both in Pakistan as well as Bangladeshis, not one opposition party decided to speak up for them. How many Rinkle Kumaris do we have to see on a daily basis?

Disgusting to see how the opposition is trying to make this a situation of human rights. How this is a measure of an equality.
India's Constitution is based on the fact that over a thousand years we have been a refugee center for anybody willing to come and make a home for themselves in India.... If they were being persecuted abroad. It is the long-standing history of tolerance and the idea of Vasudeva Kutumbakam. Such equality is ingrained into Hindus. It is the only reason why India is India because of Hindus.

This allowed Parsis, Tibetan Buddhists, Bahai, Syrian Christians, Ahmadiyyas, Chin Burmese etc. India keeps taking in many refugees selflessly but nobody in the world would want to take in Hindus. Congress and opposition keep silent on this.

Great to see Shah caller spade a spade and not hide behind semantics of equality in the Constitution.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8Uqm1VxvQ0


Ex RAW Officer N K Sood exposed Hamid Ansari & Many Others.



chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:11 am

Another rudali brigade, and this time it's the one that relentlessly mocked the Sardar Patel statue in Gujarat is laid low.

The smell of the rudali's burning hair from you know where is overwhelming :mrgreen:

It may even be earning more than the taj mahal, a sickular favourite for obvious reasons


twitter
Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at USA's Statue of Liberty.

On avg, it’s getting 15,000 visitors every day compared to just 10,000 at Statue of Liberty.

Where are internet economists now?


Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at USA's Statue of Liberty


Statue of Unity surpasses daily average footfall at USA's Statue of Liberty

06 Dec 2019

The Statue of Unity is a statue of Vallabhbhai Patel, the first home minister of the country.

With a height of 182 metres, it is the world's tallest statue.


NEW DELHI : In just over a year of its unveiling, the Statue of Unity has surpassed the footfall at the 133-year-old Statue of Liberty in the US, with an average of over 15,000 tourists visiting the monument in Gujarat daily.

"With 74 per cent increase over the daily average of the first year, that is, November 1, 2018 to October 31, 2019, daily average of 15,036 is now registered in the first month of this second year.

"This has further increased to 22,430 on weekend days. The Statue of Liberty of New York, United States, attracts around 10,000 visitors a day!" a statement by Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd said.

The Statue of Unity is a statue of Vallabhbhai Patel, the first home minister of the country. With a height of 182 metres, it is the world's tallest statue.

It is located near the Sardar Sarovar Dam on the river Narmada in Kevadiya colony in Gujarat.

Designed by Indian sculptor Ram V Sutar, the project was first announced in 2010, and was finally unveiled on October 31 last year by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

In the statement, Sardar Sarovar Narmada Nigam Ltd credited the rise in footfall at the monument to the addition of several new tourist attractions such as jungle safari, children's nutrition park, cactus garden, butterfly garden, ekta nursery, dino trail, river rafting, boating, alongside multiple budget accommodation options.

"These additional tourist attractions have led to a sharp increase in the daily tourists' footfall during November 2019," it said.

It also added that a total of 30,90,723 tourists have visited Kevadia till November 30 this year, generating a total income of ₹85.57 crore.

chetak
BGR Oldie
Posts: 1586
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:08 am

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 4

Post by chetak » Wed Dec 11, 2019 7:24 am

twitter

We live in a country where there is more outrage over BJP fulfilling promises mentioned in it's manifesto like NRC, CAB, scrapping Art370, etc than Congress forgetting their promises like loan waiver, unemployment allowance, etc.

Really Fascinating.

Post Reply