Bharat Ganrajya Relaunch and India Aware Association

Please use this section to send us suggestions to make this forum better.
Muns
Forum Moderator

Bharat Ganrajya Relaunch and India Aware Association

Post by Muns » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:51 am

First of all I would like to thank Dileep for giving us the opportunity to keep this public forum alive. We can all appreciate the crisis that the closure of the general discussions forum at BR had for all of us. Within 48 hours it seems Dileep had this forum up and running. For two years it was a vital link to where many of us could come and really read behind the news as to what is really going on. Now that elections are done and Modi has returned with an even larger mandate, many of us I’m sure have breathed a sigh of relief. Yet, I think that we can all appreciate by watching the news on the daily basis, much work has yet to be done. Bharat Ganrajya, became my primary site over the last two years when it came to really trying to follow and unraveled many of the hidden stories behind the news to try and get a feel as to what is really going on. However, that is really because of it valuable members.s

While things may have slowed down here post elections, I always figured that they would ramp back up over the next few months considering election fatigue. News stories may come and go but we need all of your help to break down these stories and provide your analysis to really get an insight.
Imagine my surprise when three days ago I came to login and I saw a big banner as to the forum closure. It instilled a sense of worry about where can I get the online analysis that I have come to trust. Where are those members who have taken the time and have the experience to post their views that mean so much. Right from the general discussions forum at BR and leading to Bharat Ganrajya it has shaped my views and hence to a large extent the associated news portal at India Aware. What you post here, to a large extent gets translated via your views to writers and videographers. While many of them are not posters here on the forum, the team still has the same vision as guided by the forum. It has become an integral part. With no members and analysis to guide us, it felt like large hole had suddenly opened up. One that we had to fill back.

Dileep was kind enough and remains kind enough to guide us through this process as the India Aware team trying to take on a new task of managing the forum and integrating it into our social media family. We are a small team, but yet remain dedicated and have a dream to become a nationalistic news portal. However, as the news shows on a daily basis we need your help more than ever. Please continue to search out news that you think is vital and offer your comments.

I would also hope that some of the forum moderators come back to evaluate us through this transition process.
The Voice of the Republic will continue and I hope continue to be a vital cog in our news reporting.

Vande Mataram!

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Re: Bharat Ganrajya Relaunch and India Aware Association

Post by Narasimha » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Good work Muns and tganks to Dileep.
I was feeling sad tgat BG will be closing but was pleasantly surprised to see it is continuing. Jai Hind

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Good work Muns and thanks to Dileep.
I was feeling sad that BG will be closing but was pleasantly surprised to see it is continuing. Jai Hind

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:53 pm

Great Job, Muns. Let us keep this flame burning, like the Amar Jawan Jyoti.

ArjunPandit
BGR Newbie

Post by ArjunPandit » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:47 am

Muns ji thanks a lot for keeping the cave alive...wanted to connect with you over email..can we talk over PM?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Sure, please go ahead and PM me. If there are any technical issues, then you can always mail me at india.aware1(at)gmail

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:12 am

I just realized that there is no PM on the forum. That may be something that we activate for the next few months. Probably the best way to reach me is the email above. Also just let me know that email got sent so I can search for it. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:17 am

Ask! And you shall get!

Private Messaging is enabled now. Click the 'bubble' next to Contact on the user info panel to the right of the post and select Private Message.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:55 am

Dileep, once again thank you for enabling this. As a first PM I sent it to you as a test! Thank you again and look forward to hearing from you.

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 pm

Hi Muns, in light of the above discussion I wanted to share an idea which I had been thinking of since I started using wikipedia. As you may be aware many articles on wikipedia especially on India have a western influence or thought process and many of them can be challenged. Since times are changing and people (like Devdutt Pattnaik) are trying to bring rationality, authenticity and credibility to Indian cultural dialogue, history and tradition, there is huge opportunity to have a wikipedia like portal for India. The knowledge is there but is scattered across the internet including on BRF/BGF. By wikipedia I mean anything and everything that is in reference to India/Indian sub continent. Wiki is arguably the authority on authenticity for basic information or the go-to site. A similar model can be followed with an open source for information and publishing. Just wanted to know what fellow BGF members think of this or if a similar exercise of this scale has already been in progress elsewhere?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:52 am

To be honest I don't think that an online open source project like this specific to Hinduism has really taken off or is available. I do remember just for information say that a large scholar group headed under the IHRF organization with Kapil Kapoor took a massive project called the Encyclopedia of Hinduism as a print project with various scholars contributing. However, an open-source project where everybody contributes online is something that I have not really heard about. Perhaps such a project can be taken online or everybody can regrow this from an Indian perspective. I do think it’s a great idea although I do have my reservations about trying to reinvent the wheel if Wikipedia is already serving this purpose. I know how some members might feel about Wikipedia being a little bit biased, but equally so from what I understand people can go ahead and change the article backed by some sources right?

Other concern that I have with anybody trying to do this for an Indian portal is that because Hinduism is such a syncretic religion, IE Dvaita vs Advaita vs Bhakti, it could rapidly denigrate by those who were not really have the time to study such knowledge and rapidly change these articles for everybody’s benefit depending on their experience.

Unfortunately, what has worked for Indian system and schooling for so long is the guru parampara model which over the last few hundred years I feel has been thoroughly degraded and destroyed. There are a few online portals from portals that offer such teaching.
In any case, a good idea but some concerns remain as to its implementation as well as moderation.

https://theencyclopediaofhinduism.com/

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:30 am

Up

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:26 am

There is just a small note to say that over time I hope India Aware will serve to be another Dharmic Indian news site that holds content especially related to the difficulties that Hindus had to face from a violent as well as Abrahamic oriented news media.
To some extent it started off as a blog and a small site and every day we seem to be making progress. However if you do see something that is not in line with what the writers are doing, please bring it to my attention here so that we can act on it. If you see something that you think we should write about me surely will. If you would like to contribute any opinion articles please post here or private message me or even use the contact form on the website.
Thank you.

Aditya
Forum Moderator

Post by Aditya » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:27 am

Hi all, I am Saurabh from Delhi. I am with www.india-aware.com from last 2 years as a reporter. Thanks, Muns for inviting me here. Guys if you feel any issue that we can cover in Delhi just let me know. we all are committed to make our nation strong. Thanks all Jai Hind

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:24 am

Hello
It's good to see the relaunch as I had assumed that this group was gone.

I think one of the mistakes made earlier was to make it into a clone of BRF. There was a lot of pressure to use the same names for threads and to make some threads "No discussion" the reason god alone knows. BRF is more staid and buttoned down, more serious and focused, this place could be more open and loose (within limits of course). BRF still is like what it was in 1999 when I joined, there is no way to "like" posts etc, it could be added in here. There could be one section where threads are moderated closely and another section where people can easily and freely create their own threads (with acceptable content). BRF can afford to have some illogical rules because it has a much bigger membership and mods can take a "take it or leave it" approach. BGF cannot copy that paradigm because of fewer members. Forums work on network effect, and tightening can happen only after a critical mass is achieved.

Anyway, good luck, I hope the group is able to attract good discussions.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 am

Thanks Kjo, that’s exactly what I’m hoping that BG will grow up to be. There’s a lot of things that we may be restricted to say on BR but BG being a smaller forum we have less restrictions and should be able to speak our mind especially what is really not mainstream media. To a large extent we can understand the extent of control of the few families over the media in India. How they would want to portray their own pseudo-secular agenda and also to some extent I feel even foreign influenced themes. So far in my posts here, I have tried to call a spade a spade and be as open as I can.

In any case we will definitely take up some of your ideas especially the like posts feature. We’ll have to see if it is available. Hope to see you posting more regularly here.

Saurabh has been an invaluable part of the India aware team. Will be working together for the better of two years and in that time pretty much created over a 100 YouTube videos. It has been quite the journey and has been still quite rewarding I feel. I do feel that we have made some difference and am hoping that members here will continue to join and be part of the social media awareness to search out and report stories that are positive to Hindus and India as a whole.

ricky
BGR Newbie

Post by ricky » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:15 am

Muns sir and the india-aware team congrats and hope that this move translates positively for your outreach as well. Just wanted to add 2 paise of my own on this, the original bgr was not as much active as was hoped for primarily we were all looking to fill the gdf shaped gap and this somehow stunted the forums organic growth.With brfs political thread now back online, it makes little sense to cross post ideas across forums.
What you can do is to focus in the micro aspects while brf takes case of the macro implications;for eg a thread on the pio's contribution to their respective communities and a movement to build things from the ground-up,or the infrastructure or the lack thereof thread which was much popular, or the vernacular culture thread and its growth and stunting.
The strength of any forum is based on its members dedication and awareness, and to that end it is important that the brf crowd comes to this place regularly and there are many niches that bgr can fill and serve that very purpose.
Also,as you have a professional team, op-eds on these issues can be sent to interested members for a fee.
Hoping to contribute positively.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 am

With the ownership change, all the restrictions with respect to BRF is gone. The new owner/mod team can form the rules and conventions as they please.

There is no "Like" button available for the forum software. There is a "Thank You" extension that does something similar. I will try to install it.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:42 am

Hi Ricky,

Thank you again for your valuable suggestions. Definitely they are a lot of niches that BG can fill and at the end of the day I think we all looking towards a more balanced Indian media reporting without somewhat of a condescending hand dealt out to Hindus. In that way I do feel that BG can be more open and free then the environment at BR. Absolutely will take into account getting, some of those niche topics like the infrastructure threat that you have pointed out.

I do however think that BG can be more of the pro Hindu, pro-India forum that is somewhat restricted on BR. To that extent, I have tried to speak my mind freely with regard to some of the issues that are ongoing on a daily basis in Indian politics.

What I would also hope is that they can be some collaboration between the forum and the website. I would hope that if members specifically know of stories that are under reported because of the biased media we can definitely send our reporters on the ground to investigate the story further and get the news out. I have tried as I feel however to not regularly post stories from the website or the YouTube channel here for fear of spamming the forum and driving away members.

I would hope however that the forum can grow to become a active social media node that can highlight unique stories for India aware. To that extent Saurabh above will be an active forum member and so will some of our other ground reporters. Let it be known however the team in India are very small team of around six members but yet have the same vision and drive that members of BR and BG do. We definitely welcome all posters to contribute.

Just some thoughts.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:42 am

Dileep wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:05 am
With the ownership change, all the restrictions with respect to BRF is gone. The new owner/mod team can form the rules and conventions as they please.

There is no "Like" button available for the forum software. There is a "Thank You" extension that does something similar. I will try to install it.
Dileep, thank you again.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:41 am

I just wanted to mention our social media presence for members that would care to look up and join as well. Currently this includes

India aware on the website, YouTube channel as well as Twitter

We also control social media sites on Facebook being

1) Vote for Modi group
2) Vote for Yogi group
3) Ram mandir supporters group

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:03 pm

Railways thread has been reactivated. I will plan to reactivate the infrastructure thread hopefully later sometime this day. I will also say that over the next week I will really look at threads that I feel will really not get much traction because of as some members describe the crossover between BR and BG. Military threads unless having some unique factor among others will be retired to the archive forum. If threads are not I feel going to pick up much traction, they will be retired to the archive forum. Should members wish and those who are willing to take some responsibility for the thread, threads from the archive forum can always be brought back and reactivated if there is some interest to do so.

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:31 am

Reactivated the infrastructure thread and moved many posts to the archive thread which I believe won't get much attention because of crossover with BR. Next forum that I may focus on will be the general discussions thread to review and see if any topics there should be moved as well.
If members have any other ideas, please post them here and I will take a look and decide.
Also if members again have any insight into interesting stories or topics that we can cover in Delhi, we would be more than happy to review and take them up.

Dileep
Site Admin

Post by Dileep » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:40 am

Added "thanks for post" feature, which is equal to "Like"

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:29 am

I thought to use this thread to give an idea of upcoming projects that the India aware team are working on. This could be videos or ideas related to the website that were actively trying to pursue. All done with the India aware team consisting right now of around eight members. Saurabh, of course who posts here is our leading journalist responsible for juggling multiple tasks to keep everything running.

Along with our YouTube as well as Facebook and Twitter social media sites, we shall soon be releasing a weekly podcast where we shall be interviewing multiple Hindu leaders once weekly to get their ideas on past week events.

We shall shortly be producing some interviews of unfortunate Hindu families who have lost loved ones in the Delhi riots. It is unfortunate that nobody seems to bring their voice for the terror that they faced. All of these videos of course are usually launched on our YouTube channel.

An opinion video on the illegal acquisition of land by the church in Karnataka and the resulting demolition of the Christ statue as well as church on illegally occupied land.

Of course, if you have any ideas regarding videos that we can provide in the Delhi area, we would be more than happy to brainstorm these projects as well.