The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Kumar
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Kumar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:53 pm

as someone said before, it may be regional differences. Maybe NDA/BJP is not active in whatsapp campaign in some parts of India where it is not historically not strong.
Chandragupta wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 am

Strange. My high school group, my graduation group, my family group, my in-laws group are all super duper Hindutva types, so much so that it gets really boring because there is no anti-Modi pappu to be demolished. The B-school group however is full of holier than thou Dindus & Randians (r/India type self loathing scum).

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:58 pm

My take is that BJP won't win BLR.. Tejasvi will lose, but I hope I'm wrong

Narasimha
BGR Newbie

Post by Narasimha » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm

Huh Bangalore is 4 constituency Noth Central South and Rural. Rural will be JFS others will be BJP

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:58 pm
My take is that BJP won't win BLR.. Tejasvi will lose, but I hope I'm wrong
Just voted for him today. Dont particularly care for the guy, too young, but Modi is Modi.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:34 pm

Narasimha wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:10 pm
Huh Bangalore is 4 constituency Noth Central South and Rural. Rural will be JFS others will be BJP
Sentiment is for BJP but the problem is lots of BJP voters are finding their names missing from the electoral roll. A few of my relatives have had this. So I spent the day speaking to quite a large number people today and it's huge.. this explains the low voter turnout.
Last edited by JohnTitor on Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Vriksh wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Just voted for him today. Dont particularly care for the guy, too young, but Modi is Modi.
Absolutely right. Most people are voting for him not because of him but for Modi.

But I was referring to the electoral roll issue, not people's intentions.

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:29 pm

In TN, apparently goons blocked public buses from leaving the depots so people couldn't go vote. Who benefits from low voter turnout?

Also hearing anecdotal stories about people voting for Kamal's MNM because they have fielded apolitical, progressive candidates. People faced an unpleasant choice otherwise - those who liked Modi didn't want to vote ADMK in their constituency. MNM will be siphoning off both educated middle class and LW votes. NDA may only end up winning some of the core ADMK & BJP bastions.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:52 pm

Guys I see more of negativism and pessimism here vsia vi BJP. Don't feel good :-). On twitter land, can't believe anything. Its split along iedological lines. The likes of Pravin Patil are gushing in their analyses for BJP/ModiJI prospects (and his past predictions were bogus), while at the other extreme, people like Rupa Subramanya tweet and retweet any observation in favor of her Pappu. I can be my money that should Pappu get power, she will be hired as his professional masseur. She longs for him day in and out.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:13 pm

crams wrote:Guys I see more of negativism and pessimism here vsia vi BJP. Don't feel good
I don't think we have any body here who can give a better picture from the ground. It is good that many of the members have voted, and also gave some tips about what they felt; but that too can be very subjective. So we kind of gets biased towards the "professional gallop poll" folks like Pravin Patil. Even I too felt that Pravin Patil is giving his opinions with lots of conditional statements. So for BJP sympathisers, their best approach would be to check with their own party contacts.

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 pm

Savyasachi may be the most realistic ground reports to follow

https://twitter.com/savvyasaachi

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 pm

I voted for NaMo as well via Tejasvi of course. So did my family. The family who were in front of me in the line for sure did not vote for BJP. I think they were looking for either the party with symbol Pot or Grapes on the list.

John, are you sure that even S BLR won't go for BJP? Traditionally, that is a BJP bastion.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:37 pm

Zynda wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:18 pm
John, are you sure that even S BLR won't go for BJP? Traditionally, that is a BJP bastion.
No. People's intentions were to vote BJP but a lot of them couldn't because they were removed from the voter lists. And these are regular voters, people who voted in last year's state election, those who've voted for years in the same location etc..

So even if BJP does win, the margin of victory will be lower than the actual intention of voters. This will matter most in places like Mysore where margins were thin - last time Pratap Sinha won by 30k votes.. 2 of my friends in Mysore were not on the list and couldn't vote. This is a huge conspiracy against BJP.

In WB there's booth capturing and the EC is doing nothing about it. Hindus were prevented from voting.. proxy votes etc .. even with BJP at the centre, they can't seem to control the EC. Shame!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:16 pm

twitter

Entire family waiting to see the lotus bloom

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:34 pm

OT but please watch this video

twitter

Heart-wrenching. Aao bacchon sair karayen tum ko Pakistan ki jis mein keemat koi nahin hai teri meri jaan ki...

https://twitter.com/nailainayat/status/ ... 2658906113

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:38 pm

Guys, I wish all BJP spokesman were eloquent and rough like Amit Malvya. Please see this interview and how he punches the sanctimonious Yogendra Yadav and Turdesai, super

https://www.indiatoday.in/programme/new ... 2019-04-17

Zynda
BGR Member

Post by Zynda » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm

My name was not on the rolls for last year's state elections. I assumed it would be there since I had voted in GE 2014. Anyways, this time, I did not take any chances and verified twice that I was listed on the rolls (visited BLR One office a month ago and recent one was last week). And I had informed quite a few people about ability to verify their names online.

Anyways, per this person, Dr. Sachin Reddy who describes himself as "Politically Centre-Right! Psephology & demographic pattern analysis"
Here are my seat calls for first phase in KA

B North- BJP
B Central- BJP
B South- BJP
B Rural- Con
Chikkaballapur- BJP(Flip)
Kolar- Too close
Mysore- Too close
Tumkur- Too close
Chitradurga- BJP(Flip)
Hassan- JDS
Mandya- JDS
Chamarajanagar- Con
Udupi- BJP
S Canara- BJP
https://twitter.com/snsachinnandu/statu ... 5838384131

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:11 pm

That Mohammed dude who was suspended by EC for checking ModiJi's chopper seems to be getting a lot of support from Lutyen chutiyas. That itself make him suspect in my eyes :-). Boy are these b@stards gunning for ModiJi's head. They literally want EC to ban ModiJi from contesting elections.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 am

JohnTitor wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:36 pm
Vriksh wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:23 pm
Absolutely right. Most people are voting for him not because of him but for Modi.

But I was referring to the electoral roll issue, not people's intentions.
I dont think it is that big a deal. Everyone in my area had their names on the list. Surya will likely get in.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:16 am

crams wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:11 pm
That Mohammed dude who was suspended by EC for checking ModiJi's chopper seems to be getting a lot of support from Lutyen chutiyas. That itself make him suspect in my eyes :-). Boy are these b@stards gunning for ModiJi's head. They literally want EC to ban ModiJi from contesting elections.
Well to be fair to Lootens mafia, They have been praying, hoping, conspiring and litigating since 2002 to ban Modi Ji. :)) :))

SSundar
BGR Member

Post by SSundar » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:47 am

5Forty3 has been oozing so much positivity about BJP's prospects that he may cause even the most die-hard Modi fans to blush profusely. Hope he does not become known as the Comical Ali of India.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:08 am

SSundar wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:47 am
5Forty3 has been oozing so much positivity about BJP's prospects that he may cause even the most die-hard Modi fans to blush profusely. Hope he does not become known as the Comical Ali of India.
Exactly. Just came back from the 5Forty3/gaze page. If that has to be believed 100%, Modi is already back as PM after the elections. Because of so much optimism, I now tend to be come cynical when evaluating the Dr. PP's analysis and findings.

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:13 am

Vriksh wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:36 am
I dont think it is that big a deal. Everyone in my area had their names on the list. Surya will likely get in.
From what I read in Deccan Herald today; names missing from the voter list has affected all parties. Yet to see any thing which says that only sympathisers of a single party have found their names missing.
B'lore South: Cong alleges foul play by booth official
Names missing: Lobo suspects foul play

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:56 am

Zynda wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:51 pm
My name was not on the rolls for last year's state elections. I assumed it would be there since I had voted in GE 2014. Anyways, this time, I did not take any chances and verified twice that I was listed on the rolls (visited BLR One office a month ago and recent one was last week). And I had informed quite a few people about ability to verify their names online.

Anyways, per this person, Dr. Sachin Reddy who describes himself as "Politically Centre-Right! Psephology & demographic pattern analysis"
Here are my seat calls for first phase in KA

B North- BJP
B Central- BJP
B South- BJP
B Rural- Con
Chikkaballapur- BJP(Flip)
Kolar- Too close
Mysore- Too close
Tumkur- Too close
Chitradurga- BJP(Flip)
Hassan- JDS
Mandya- JDS
Chamarajanagar- Con
Udupi- BJP
S Canara- BJP
https://twitter.com/snsachinnandu/statu ... 5838384131
This guy got Bihar assembly elections horribly wrong, but so did many others. He got KA assembly bang on though.

There was another guy @iamiconoclast who is giving 9/13 to BJP and 10/14 to NDA in KA.

Both are hard core right wing, so there might be their biases.

@iamiconoclast predicted early on election day that there will be lesser voting from minority areas.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:18 am

My take us names may be on list but spellings are messed up etc. That was what happened to me.

Vriksh
BGR Newbie

Post by Vriksh » Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:20 am

Any predictions for Phase1? How fares the BJP? Also somebody pls tell the Sadhvi to bide her time, Karkare was likely anything but a hero..but not the time to show him for what he was....even his wife made some asinine remarks giving gyan on secularism etc.