The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
Aditya_V
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - 3 (Oct 2018 - )

Post by Aditya_V » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am

There are more than 1000 churches in CHennai, not for nothing CSI is India's richest body. Some have come up. Sam Paul used to have a Red Bullet back in the 90"s when he was studying in Union Christian.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:19 pm

tajmahal321 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:36 am
India should stop this model election code based free speech control. Let politicians say whatever they want. India needs to start acting like a mature democracy and stop having central authority decide what is right or wrong to say in public speeches, release movies etc.
Yes, I find this ridiculous. Let them say what they want. Let the voters decide. Why are these guys adjudicating right or wrong, this will just cause biases and politically correctness.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:39 pm

SSundar wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:48 am
In most WhatsApp groups, the rabid anti-Modi people have been very active and obnoxious. Any attempt to counter them leads to the admin jumping in with a "No Politics" decree. So, all WhatsApp groups are either actively anti-Modi or silent-neutral under curfew. There just aren't any pro-BJP WhatsApp groups.

My high school WA group had a bunch of peacefuls/lovers and dharmics as it was a Hindi section. Political discussion got testy so the rule was no politics. But a couple of mischievous peacefuls could not resist posting anti-Modi stuff to needle the rest and it escalated into every one posting political stuff. Then it escalated further and one dharmic posted some videos that showed Islam in a not so flattering light causing a peaceful admin to kick everyone out and leave himself. He could not kick me out as I was admin too, so I was the only one in the group at that time. I slowly added people back in, but the peacefuls refused to come back. Only 2 female peacefuls joined back, they were always very open-minded growing up, they lived in my Hindu-majority neighborhood in Mysore while the others lived in Islamic Mandi Mohalla or Udayagiri or N.R Mohalla near their mosques.

I was okay with any kind of discussion, but this peaceful admin would get grumpy only when dharmics posted pro-Modi stuff, but would look the other way when peacefuls posted anti-Modi. I knew he hated Modi too as when I met him in person at his store in Mysore a month after DeMo, he went on and on about how Modi was ruining things, how he had no cash at hand, how he could not hire people, then darkly predicting that someone would pop off Modi because he was going to fix the real estate sector and builders would not have it. :shock: :roll:

I have encountered a couple of Gujarati Muslims as well, they all seem to hate Modi. One posts occasionally in our US neighborhood WA group for desis and everyone ignores it. I met a peaceful Uber driver who was very chatty and called Modi a m.c, but then he said all parties including Congress were corrupt.

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm

^^
most non-political whatsapp groups like class groups, alumni groups have become easy ground for anti-bjp anti-modi propaganda by fwd msgs as jokes/memes etc. As those messages are circulated as jokes, it is a smart way to spread hidden propaganda. I believe it will easily influence opinion of people who are not actively following politics. I am surprised that BJP seems to be completely in dark or ignoring the power of whatsapp reach. They need to have a big team in LS seats where the contest is close to counter some of these messages and circulate its own messages. Whatsapp has huge reach among rural population also.

la.khan
BGR Newbie

Post by la.khan » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:33 pm

Watch & enjoy the helplessness of Pappu :rotfl: https://www.facebook.com/20435710957274 ... 538618585/

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:18 am

Thankfully my social circle has almost no peaceful anymore and all the WA groups that I am part of are fiercely Pro Modi :)

Meanwhile there are reports that Ajit Singh has to remove his footwear if he wants to share dais with Mayawati.
Knowing the caste dynamics and alluded meaning of such gestures in Hindi Northland, I think it would cost Ajit Singh as well Mayawati during elections. She is not some innocent allergy patient and his clan fellows always took the dominant position in western UP.

Surprisingly MSA is missing completely from election scene this time as if he has been kidnapped and kept in a dungeon.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:21 am

SSundar wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:48 am
tajmahal321 wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:52 pm
2019 election battle is being fought in whatsapp with 200 million users. BJP seems to be not as active in whatsapp fwd msg.
My experience has been that this WhatsApp battle has been skewed against BJP from the get-go. These memes are obviously created by an army of paid trolls. Given the scale at which anti-Modi memes are flowing, that means opponents of Modi are throwing a lot more money at this than BJP has ever been willing to do.

In most WhatsApp groups, the rabid anti-Modi people have been very active and obnoxious. Any attempt to counter them leads to the admin jumping in with a "No Politics" decree. So, all WhatsApp groups are either actively anti-Modi or silent-neutral under curfew. There just aren't any pro-BJP WhatsApp groups.
like vikas ji above, i too have been fortunate to be in only moderate to fiercely to only pro-BJP WA groups. even in my instt alumni group that i was joined into later, i was surprised to see many of them supporting BJP, even those whom i wouldnt have thought or expected of. even among the few muslims there, one even shared a pro-Modi multimedia once. while the rest muslims there dont write anything & one who is a son of an educator mother who is involved in educating poor children, a couple of times has interjected with generic posts like "neither BJP nor cong did anything despite absolute majorities & this election again more jumlas" & blah blah. while there are 1-2 of the mindu-dhindu variety as well (taking self-sanctimonious positions, sermonising that 'politics is bad, all politicians take advantage of people's emotions' yada-yada..but have to take potshots & ridicule BJP only!).....then there are frequent messages from others who plead all not to post pol stuff & that the grp is becoming full of pol ads & agendas & that we dont need them coz we all are educated & smart..yet, even though some agree, nobody listen & pol msgs are shared soon again! :rotfl:
a bengali there esp very aggressively posts pro-Modi pro-BJP stuff, without ever responding to replies or such pleadings (only once in a rare instance claimed that he is neutral & Modi supporter) :mrgreen:

anyway, i feel glad that many, quite a few of my coursemates have turned out to be sane. :)

and then am also a member of exclusively pro-BJP groups. one of them happens to be the grp of Save Bengal movement, based in delhi, Mumbai Kolkata (had participated in its first rally in Mumbai in 2016).

i think those here who are suffering from irritation in their WA groups through anti-Modi/BJP memes, must mostly be from south India/Indians.

rahulraj
BGR Newbie

Post by rahulraj » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:39 am

Nothing can stop Modi from achieving what he deserves for his hard working in transforming gujrat into an industrial hub despite no help from central government. He is india's hope for economic recovery

Sachin
BGR Oldie

Post by Sachin » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am

KJo wrote:My high school WA group had a bunch of peacefuls/lovers and dharmics as it was a Hindi section. Political discussion got testy so the rule was no politics.
tajmahal321 wrote:most non-political whatsapp groups like class groups, alumni groups have become easy ground for anti-bjp anti-modi propaganda by fwd msgs as jokes/memes etc. As those messages are circulated as jokes, it is a smart way to spread hidden propaganda.
Had been part of many special interest WhatsApp groups (Family, SHQ Family, School, College, Hobbyist etc.). The "Hobbyist" groups were the best, every one in the group had clearly stated that the messages would all be hobby related. Not even a "Good morning" message was sent in, and every one was self-disciplined. The family groups was on the verge of collapse, mainly because of difference in political ideologies. Again messages were one chap taking pot shots at other. And all parties had an equal number of jokes/memes/trolls to share :). But the Sabari Mala temple issue changed all that. Soon a "no political discussion" resolution had to be taken.

The school group has been pretty interesting. RoL folks are still kind of not very happy to see Modi gaining popularity, but generally they just stay silent. I did see 2-3 staunch commies of the 1980-1992 vintage now firmly in the "communal" camp. A general pattern what I could observe from all this was;
1. A lot of people also have various channels to hear things, and have started to firm up their own opinions. I have only seen very few idiots (mainly from CPI and CPI(M)) who still only believe what their party commissars say.
2. The BJP & Modi do seem to have "touched the lives" of many middle class Indian (me and my friend circle are in this category). One was the "no corruption" and simple things like giving very open support for the defence forces and also trying their best to deal with terrorism. And when each new drama started by the "seculars" gets broken within hours; BJP & Modi is getting a boost. With many dramas being flop shows, things may reach a point where even truth from "secular" camp would be ignored.
3. There is also resentment to BJP and Modi in both RoL and RoP camps. RoL is more vociferous and threatening, while RoP is more of a wait and watch. But it is pretty much known that both these groups do not want a party like BJP to exist in India. And even in Hindus I have also noticed a dislike for BJP and Modi, from those people who are "settled down" (in good positions, good financial security, good infrastructure land holdings etc.). But all these groups also now realise that BJP is here to stay. They have at least identified the "elephant in the room" :).

Primus
Forum Moderator

Post by Primus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am

My class group is almost all pro-Modi. There are a few who do not post much but I know are also in the camp (TamBrams all). There is one who despite being Hindu always forwards anti-Modi stuff, when called out why he goes silent. Has lived abroad ever since graduation so I suspect his family must have lost money in Demo. Probably an AAP supporter but clearly bitter and disillusioned now.

In my mind the critical factor this election will be the voting percentage. If the phase 1 turnout is carried over through the season, Modi will definitely be back in power. I am seeing a lot of support for him in most debates, news videos and SM. There is intense polarization going on too, so the Hindus need to come out and support him, it is a question of survival though the opposition also senses this.

One other group to watch is the FB one of CyberSipahi. I've been following him for a few years now and they are doing a good job. Well worth supporting.

https://www.facebook.com/CyberSipahis/

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:49 am

https://www.orfonline.org/expert-speak/ ... 49982/?amp
quote from the above link

Lastly, if elections are indeed a celebration of democracy, then we should ask whether curbs on free speech, the essence of any democracy, should exist on the campaign trail. It could also be argued that if caste, community and religion play a decisive role in the selection of candidates, should the mention of caste, community and religion in campaign speeches be prohibited? How deeply flawed is a law which permits political parties with communal names and casteist agendas but disallows communal and caste-based mobilisation? Why is it that what can be openly discussed and deliberated in television studios and ponderous commentaries must remain hidden behind the veil of duplicity at election rallies? Should the law enforce a distance between the spoken word and the actual deed on voting day?

These and other questions must be raised, if only to test how valid are restrictions that were designed for an era that has long ceased to exist – some would say that era never existed. This is all the more so with the advent and rise of technology that, in coming years, will begin to give, if not replace, physical election rallies a run for their money. Any politician who is a serious contender for power will tell you that the biggest influencers in this year’s election are not ‘star campaigners’ but faceless backroom content strategists who are crafting targeted digital messages for voters across the country. This is India’s first big data election – data is being finely parsed to drive the other campaign on WhatsApp, of which there is little known and even lesser understood by those cheering or jeering the Election Commission of India.

Kumar
BGR Member

Post by Kumar » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am

See Compared breakdown by subregion on Google Trends for modi, rahul - India, Past 7 days -
Intersting to see which states Modi and Rahul are trending.
https://trends.google.com/trends/explo ... hul&sni=3

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:15 am

Map looks similar to what Rajiv Gandhi won in 1984. AP and KL were the outliers even then. Only difference is this time you have Nagaland instead of WB then as outliers. Will we see a similar result?

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:54 pm

whole *fam*, in anticipation of KAMAL to bloom!

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:58 pm

Sachin wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am
I did see 2-3 staunch commies of the 1980-1992 vintage now firmly in the "communal" camp.
:)
Sachin wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:19 am
2. The BJP & Modi do seem to have "touched the lives" of many middle class Indian (me and my friend circle are in this category). One was the "no corruption" and simple things like giving very open support for the defence forces and also trying their best to deal with terrorism. And when each new drama started by the "seculars" gets broken within hours; BJP & Modi is getting a boost. With many dramas being flop shows, things may reach a point where even truth from "secular" camp would be ignored.
https://m.economictimes.com/news/electi ... 916198.cms

>We all watch TV and read newspaper. We know who is better for the country,” said the 66-year-old labourer, a resident of the Garatola village on NH 57 in Bihar’s Jhanjharpur Lok Sabha seat. “Modi should come again as the PM.”

>Sukan Ram joins in and says: “We have toilets and gas cylinders in every house. One cylinder gets over in 22 days and I go for another one. All this has been possible because of Modi.”

KarthikSan
BGR Newbie

Post by KarthikSan » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:22 pm

Aditya_V wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:42 am
There are more than 1000 churches in CHennai, not for nothing CSI is India's richest body. Some have come up. Sam Paul used to have a Red Bullet back in the 90"s when he was studying in Union Christian.
Sam Paul was also a DGS Dhinakaran ass kisser while a student at Karunya Institute of Technology now known as Karunya University. This guy also comes from an evangelical family. Not sure why PMK is fielding him.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:54 pm

With Sadhvi Pragya pitted against Diggy in Bhopal, The battle grounds are set. I don't know the pull that Diggy has or sympathy that Pragya would generate but it would be a great fight.
Kamalnath has played a superior game, If Diggy loses, He is almost finished but even if he wins, It would not be a counted because the opponent is no heavyweight. Diggy was on the forefront of demonizing Hindus and raising Hindu terror bogey including his despicable nonsense about 26/11. Bhopal has been a BJP bastion and in the fight, any fence sitter would naturally gravitate towards Sadhvi.

Interesting fact: Dr. Jitender Singh's brother Devender Singh is part of NC and is a MLA. So like so many other political families, They too have spread their eggs in multiple baskets. Odds of BJP as well NC out of power structure both in J&K and Center are pretty low.

PS: How come there has never been a strong opponent to SG in last 2 decades in UP. It is always some unknown entity bound to lose except for SuSw in Bedadi.

Triank
BGR Member

Post by Triank » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:52 pm

Primus wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:45 am
One other group to watch is the FB one of CyberSipahi. I've been following him for a few years now and they are doing a good job. Well worth supporting.

https://www.facebook.com/CyberSipahis/
thrashing that moose from WB who was abusing NaMo 2-3 years back & getting him jailed was intolerantly slick! ;)

CS i think has grown out of its 'secular' nationalism mould to outright blatant Hindoo nationalism now. correct me if am wrong.

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:08 pm

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/lok-sab ... ome-livetv

Hate to quote from (r)NDTV, but this is concerning:
BHUBANESWAR: An officer posted as General Observer in Odisha has been suspended by the Election Commission for allegedly checking Prime Minister Narendra Modi's helicopter in Sambalpur on Tuesday, in violation of norms.
The 1996 batch Karnataka cadre IAS officer, Mohammed Mohsin, has not acted in conformity with the Election Commission's instructions concerning Special Protection Group or SPG protectees, an order issued by the commission said.

"Checking of the prime minister's chopper, undertaken at Sambalpur, was not in accordance with the Election Commission guidelines as SPG protectees are exempt from such checking," said a senior official without elaborating.

The prime minister was stated to have been held up at the place for around 15 minutes because of the sudden checking, the official said.

Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's helicopter was also checked by the personnel of the Election Commission flying squad in Rourkela on Tuesday.

COMMENT
Similar checking was carried out for Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan's chopper at Sambalpur on Tuesday by the flying squad, sources said.

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:14 am

All My Bangalore friends are going out to vote today and we know whom are they going to vote. Some of them have even got NM as WA status.
For once Universe gives us a chance to pull back from disaster and it is upto us to join the forces of King Lalitaditya and uproot all Hun, Chagtai, Persian, Turk and Barbaric desert cult influence on Indic society.
Modiiiiii Modi, Modiiii Modi..

Jai Ho !!

Chandragupta
BGR Member

Post by Chandragupta » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:19 am

tajmahal321 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 pm
^^
most non-political whatsapp groups like class groups, alumni groups have become easy ground for anti-bjp anti-modi propaganda by fwd msgs as jokes/memes etc. As those messages are circulated as jokes, it is a smart way to spread hidden propaganda. I believe it will easily influence opinion of people who are not actively following politics. I am surprised that BJP seems to be completely in dark or ignoring the power of whatsapp reach. They need to have a big team in LS seats where the contest is close to counter some of these messages and circulate its own messages. Whatsapp has huge reach among rural population also.
Strange. My high school group, my graduation group, my family group, my in-laws group are all super duper Hindutva types, so much so that it gets really boring because there is no anti-Modi pappu to be demolished. The B-school group however is full of holier than thou Dindus & Randians (r/India type self loathing scum).

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I am pretty sure many psephologists have lotsa data to predict which way wind was blowing in phases 1 and 2, but like phase 1, any ground reports?

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:49 pm

shravanp, not sure what is dis-concerting about the part you highlighted in blue? Could it have been a decoy you mean, someone holding PM up at the venue under the pretext of checking his chopper, so this gives enough time for soosai bombers to strike?

shravanp
BGR Member

Post by shravanp » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 pm

The scope is quite broad, and I cannot fathom what Congoons or their handlers can do with it. It is all black lentils.

JohnTitor
BGR Member

Post by JohnTitor » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Thousands of voters, are finding out that they have been removed from the voter list. This is not good for the BJP.

Looks like INC is making sure people who are likely to vote BJP are excluded from the list.

This is very very bad! I'm not sure if BJP is sleeping but as usual, they are stupid.. EC is fully compromised.. they have been bought out by BIF and anti-nationals. I surveyed about a 1000 people, and a majority didn't vote because they were not on the list.