Cricket

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
KJo
Forum Moderator

Re: Cricket

Post by KJo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 pm

I don't know why he is being bandied about as a "role model". If the parents cannot guide the kids, why blame cricketers and movie stars? Typical to assign blame to someone else.

BCCI did it solely for it's own financial reasons. In this PC #metoo world anything that seems anti-woman will be affected. It's the same in the US which is why it is better to clean out one's public social media like twitter. It doesn't take a lot for someone to target you.

KJo
Forum Moderator

Post by KJo » Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:44 pm

The moment these guys get into the Indian team, they acquire a Bollywood starlet/model/socialite girlfriend. And typically once they fall in love, the parties follow along with less focus on cricket leading to getting kicked out of the team.

Will Rishabh with so much potential fall into this trap?

srikumar
BGR Member

Post by srikumar » Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:12 am

KJo wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:38 pm
I don't know why he is being bandied about as a "role model". If the parents cannot guide the kids, why blame cricketers and movie stars? Typical to assign blame to someone else.
Well, like it or not, these public figures have an effect on adolescents and even young adults. Even with parents to guide them, kids will be definitely influenced by what's on media, especially positive media (= a Australia-beating cricket team, a good cricketer, a famous movie star, a zonal kabaddi champion or malkaumb gold medallist). And things that get on TV go everywhere these days, with twitter and whatnot. As representatives of a national team, cricketers do have a responsibility of how they conduct themselves in public. For sure, they have a right to privacy, and their private lives are their private business- until they go on TV and decide to make it public. Then it becomes everybody's business, especially to those who pay their salaries.

For the record, I have no idea which reporter/tweeter/repeater/Peter said what about Pandya. I genuinely care nothing for their 2-bit opinions, who in many cases manufacture outrage and indignation to stay noticed and relevant, which is a pathetic way to live, really. (I do feel bad for RAhul- as I understand it, he was quite measured in his response and they went after him simply because he was sitting next to Pandya in the same show!).

Vikas
BGR Member

Post by Vikas » Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:53 am

Srikumar, Rahul was the collateral damage in this case.
But isn't it surprising that KJo (Not the adminullah) invited these 2-bit players on his show instead of A-listers like Virat or Bumrah or MSD or Sachin. Sometimes things do look odd especially knowing that guests are curated to capture TRP and almost never anyone outside the Bollywood is invited to be on this show. Anyways it wasn't even a news till COA worthies jumped in. Next would be Hon. Supreme court (Which anyways has crores of cases pending) spending few days on this important episode of national importance.

PS: As long as they are contracted by BCCI, these players need to follow the rules of the game as much useless as they sound.
Heck in other sports, one has to provide one's itanery for Anti-Doping body.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 am

Cricket fans in USA, do you know which channel is showing the India Vs New Zealand 1-day and T-20 series? I notice Willow TV is not showing it nor is Hotstar, the 2 sources I watch cricket on in USA.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:29 pm

espn perhaps? Matches in NZ used to be free on ESPN3/ESPNCricinfo. Now they are espn plus which has a fee, but lesser than espn, espn2.

sgk19862004
BGR Newbie

Post by sgk19862004 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am

Highlights of IND vs NZ link plz

sgk19862004
BGR Newbie

Post by sgk19862004 » Thu Jan 24, 2019 9:00 am

IND VS NZ WOMENS CRICKET

NZ 192/10
IND 193/1(33 overs)

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/ ... 2001625570

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:58 pm

Sarfaraz gets four-match suspension for breach of Anti-Racism Code

Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed has been suspended for four matches after accepting that he was in breach of the ICC’s Anti-Racism Code for Participants following an incident that occurred during the second ODI against South Africa in Durban on Tuesday.

Sarfaraz aimed a comment at South Africa all-rounder Andile Phehlukwayo which resulted in Sarfaraz being charged with an offence under the Code, namely;

“Engaging in any conduct (whether through the use of language, gestures or otherwise) which is likely to offend, insult, humiliate, intimidate, threaten, disparage or vilify any reasonable person in the position of a Player, Player Support Personnel, Umpire, Match Referee, Umpire Support Personnel or any other person (including a spectator) on the basis of their race, religion, culture, colour, descent, national or ethnic origin.”

Sarfaraz will miss the remaining two matches of the ongoing ODI series as well as the first two matches of the T20I series to follow.

As per Article 7.3 of the Anti-Racism Code, Sarfaraz will also have to undergo an education programme to promote the understanding and awareness of issues directly relevant to the offence that he has committed. The ICC will work with the PCB to determine when and how this should take place.

The incident was initially reported by Ranjan Madugalle of the Emirates Elite Panel of ICC Match Referees after he conducted initial investigations and spoke to both players after the match. Following a further investigation, the ICC General Counsel, Iain Higgins, then determined that the player had a case to answer under the Code, and the player was issued with a charge notice on 26 January.

ICC Chief Executive David Richardson said: “The ICC has a zero-tolerance policy towards conduct of this nature. Sarfaraz has promptly admitted the offence, was regretful of his actions and has issued a public apology, so these factors were taken into account when determining an appropriate sanction.”

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:04 pm

sgk19862004 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:24 am
Highlights of IND vs NZ link plz
sgk19862004 Ji :

Link for the Third India New Zealand Link :

New Zealand v India 2019 - 3rd ODI - Mon 28 January, ( 02:00 GMT) Bay Oval, Tauranga, New Zealand.

Cheers Image

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:38 pm

www.playki.com has all long highlights in HD

Kabir
BGR Member

Post by Kabir » Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:18 am

Stark difference between the conduct of the Aussie media/commentators and the Kiwis. Kiwis have been more studious and humble in their approach,always talking about the finer points which they can learn from the Indian greats and giving them enough respect which they deserve. The bogan (rough aussies) commentary team was raving and ranting by as early as the 10th over if the Indians got off to a good start. Tried riling up Kohli & co. at every opportunity and got the response they deserved from the Indian captain. On the contrary Kohli's demeanor has been totally different in NZ, where he knows 'giving it back'is not required. It was great to see the Indian team just focusing only on winning in Australia and let their game do the talking. India's series win in Aus has opened a new chapter in world cricket which challenged and thwarted the white supremacy. Aussies have gone into a shock which they wouldnt admit to no matter what, not to mention the dwindling interest in cricket in the general population furthered by the series defeat to a touring Asian side. The NZ series win has just stamped on the fact that India is now capable of winning in SENA countries convincingly. We always had great batsmen since as early as the 70s, but the difference this time is the bowling unit.

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:55 pm

South Africa v Pakistan 2018/19

5th ODI Wed 30 January, 13:00 Local ( 11:00 GMT ) Newlands, Cape Town, South Africa

South Africa - 241/3 40/50 ov RR: 6.02 BEAT Pakistan - 240/8 50/50 ov RR: 4.80

South Africa Win ODI Series 3 - 2

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:47 pm

T20I South Africa v Pakistan 2018/19 1st T20I
Fri 1 February, 18:00 Local ( 16:00 GMT ) Newlands, Cape Town, South Africa
South Africa - 192/6 20/20 ov RR: 9.60
Pakistan - 186/9 20/20 ov RR: 9.30
South Africa win by six runs!

Cheers Image

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:38 am

With his height, why can't Vijay Shankar bowl at 135kmph. If he can, the medium pacer allrounder position is his for the taking, especially in tests. His batting looks more compact than Pandya, Rayudu or Karthik.

hanumadu
BGR Oldie

Post by hanumadu » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:27 am

Hardik Pandya will probably get a suspension for dissent.

sudhan
BGR Newbie

Post by sudhan » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:33 am

Finally, the aussies manage to win a Series...

There was an article in Sydney Morning Herald, where the author was ruing the demolition the aussies were dealt by India and was saying that they need a "Lift me up" series to boost morale ahead of Ashes.. Sri Lanka seemed happy playing the role of someone who would eat a lot of punches..

OTOH, England needs a 'Lift me up' series too, before the Ashes.. The Windies absolutely blew them away.. :rotfl:

sbajwa
BGR Member

Post by sbajwa » Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:07 pm

4-1 win without Virat, Bumrah, etc. is classic!!!

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:46 pm

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:12 pm

Pakistan v Australia 2019 3rd ODI

Wed 27 March, 15:00 Local ( 11:00 GMT ) Zayed Cricket Stadium, Abu Dhabi, UAE

Australia win by 80 runs

Pakistan - 186 44.4/50 ov RR: 4.16

Australia - 266/6 50/50 ov RR: 5.32

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:15 pm

Pakistan v Australia 2019 - 4th ODI]
Fri 29 March, 15:00 Local ( 11:00 GMT ) Dubai International Stadium, Dubai, UAE

Australia win by 6 runs

Pakistan - 271/8 50/50 ov RR: 5.42

Australia - 277/7 50/50 ov RR: 5.54

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:45 pm

ODI Pakistan v Australia 2019 5th ODI

Sun 31 March, 15:00 Local ( 12:00 BST ) Dubai International Stadium, Dubai, UAE

Australia White Wash Terroristan 5-0 in Waterless Desert

Australia win by 20 runs
Pakistan - 307/7 50/50 ov RR: 6.14
Australia - 327/7 50/50 ov RR: 6.54

Cheers Image

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:54 am

twitter

Journo: What do you think is the problem with RCB ?

Kohli: We were a poor bowling side, but this time we are different, more balanced..

Journo: How ?

Kohli: Out batting is equally bad now..

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 am

Are Team India's secrets being leaked in IPL ahead of World Cup? - K Shriniwas Rao – TNN

MUMBAI: The Indian team management, gearing up for the 2019 ICC World Cup in England, isn’t very happy with its cricket board’s conflicting policy on overseas staff being hired in the India Premier League (IPL).

The reasons for discontent are multiple. Picture this: India’s opening batsman Shikhar Dhawan plays in the IPL for a franchise that is being coached by Australia’s national assistant coach Ricky Ponting and the team analyst working alongside Ponting, Sriram Somayajula, also serves the Sri Lankan national team in the same capacity.

“Imagine the extent to which they understand Dhawan the cricketer. What clicks for him…what doesn’t... It’s clearly unhealthy. Rishabh, Prithvi, Shreyas — see the amount of analysis they’re being able to gather” is how Team India sees the composition.

Another example of the same is Cricket South Africa’s Chennai-based analyst Prasanna Agoram working with the Kings XI Punjab.

“The amount of work Prasanna has put in with the South African national team is tremendous. We got to know about it first hand when we visited South Africa last year. Now, this guy gets to spend two months right here in the Indian domestic circuit just weeks before he’ll accompany South Africa to the World Cup. This just doesn’t sound correct,” say some members of the Indian cricket team.

There’s no grouse so troubling that the players intend to approach the BCCI or the Committee of Administrators (CoA) right away. Yet, there’s a nagging thought behind this perception that’s only growing.

“We don’t think it’s fine for Australia’s national assistant coach (Ponting) to be spending time with the Indian team opener just weeks ahead of a World Cup campaign, or even otherwise with a franchise that includes India's four Test cricketers. Of course, the IPL’s a free market but some lines have to be drawn,” they add.

That boils down to a long-standing question if IPL, indeed, is a free market as the players believe it to be. Because if it were, then players who aren’t picked by franchises at the mega auctions conducted by the BCCI, or coaches who work in the vast Indian domestic circuit throughout the year, should be allowed to find employment in leagues overseas.

“The BCCI has its policies. It doesn’t matter who put them in place – whether it was the old establishment or the Supreme Court or this present administration (COA); but the point is that IPL doesn’t have a uniform policy in place. There can’t be apples and oranges,” believes the Team India camp.

Many in the cricket fraternity were left surprised on Wednesday when Delhi Capitals' mentor Sourav Ganguly – who is being queried for potential conflict of interest – said his colleague at the franchise, Ponting, should be the coach of the Indian national team.

“That’s definitely not conflict, right? Conflict is when Rahul Dravid associates himself with a franchise while working with the junior Indian national team. That’s how weird Indian cricket administration and its policies have become,” say two junior India players who earned their stripes under Dravid.

Their contention is simple: “If players like Dravid, Tendulkar, Ganguly and Laxman are not associated with IPL, whose loss is it? Look at Pravin Amre. He’s one of India’s finest batting coaches. Just because he wants to keep his IPL job, he can’t work with any other state team or NCA. But Tom Moody can coach Sunrisers and head the Caribbean Premier League too.”

The one clear grouse here is “why can’t the BCCI have a uniform policy? If Sanjay Bangar – who is the assistant Team India coach – can’t work with IPL, then so shouldn’t a foreign (assistant) coach. Simple. Isn’t that how it works globally in, let’s say, football?” say players.

Cheers Image

Peregrine
BGR Newbie

Cricket

Post by Peregrine » Thu May 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Akhtar’s startling revelations rocks Pakistan cricket

Former Pakistan pacer Shoaib Akhtar has backed the claims made by former all-rounder Shahid Afridi, in his autobiography ‘Game Changer’.

While speaking during a show on a local sports channel, Akhtar said that he had also received harsh treatment from senior cricketers during his playing days.

“I think Shahid Afridi has written less in his book about the harsh treatment he received from senior players during his playing days. I witnessed some of it with my own eyes and totally agree with him,” said Akhtar.

The swashbuckling all-rounder had claimed in his autobiography that the former coach of Pakistan team, Javed Miandad, did not let him participate in the batting practice session before the Chennai Test against India in 1999.

“The tussle had started even before the series kicked off. Miandad had developed a strong opinion against me...in fact, the day before I went to bat, Miandad didn’t even give me any net practice. So I had to practice on a stringed ball, alone, away from my team ates,” Afridi wrote in his book.

Afridi also said that Miandad forced him to praise him during the presentation ceremony, which led to the all-rounder losing respect for the batting legend.

“That day I lost all my respect for Javed Miandad, supposedly one of the greats of the game but in reality, a small man,” he said.

Akhtar also revealed that the same bunch of players also asked him for forgiveness and admitted their mistake, several years after the incident had happened.

“Later down the years, ten of these senior players asked us for forgiveness, before leaving for Umrah, for the way they treated us,” he said. “I told them that there is little point in such an apology because they had taken undue advantage, when in a position of strength, but I had forgiven them earlier as well and does not mind doing it now as well.”

Akhtar, who was the fastest bowler of his time, also said that he was close to being beaten with a bat by some of the players he played with, in the past.

“Once during a tour of Australia, four players approached with the intention of hitting me with a bat,” he further revealed.

Cheers Image