The Great Indian Political Drama - 1 (Oct 2017 - Mar 2018)

The Archive forum serves as a repository for topics that have been closed from the other forums. They serve as a database for future reference.
shravanp
BGR Member

Re: The Great Indian Political Drama - Oct 2017

Post by shravanp » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:57 pm

Indrad wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:45 am
Karni Sena takes U turn, now agrees to support Padmavat: withdraws protest. http://www.moneylife.in/article/karni-s ... 52978.html
https://twitter.com/bhak_sala/status/959667895012937728
and there were some who took these frauds for true.
Its actually disturbing that Congoons can game all this against BJP. And why shouldnt thet? Literally everything is fair in love and war. Bjp had no choice other than to outsmart Congoons.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:11 pm

sanjayC wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 am
It was a Congress operation through and through. There were no disturbances in Congress ruled states, only in BJP ruled ones. Karni Sena will pop up again just before 2019 elections
No doubt about it. I think Congoons have brilliantly outsmarted BJP on this one. Here are the Karni sena actually celebrating Congoon victory

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 752624.cms

So Congoons and libtrads who were going hammer and tongs against BJP for their alleged support to Karni Sena have quietly garnered their support to oust BJP, and BJP is left twiddling its thumbs. Pappu had his cake and ate it too. I saw one reflexive Hindu hater Shika Dalmai puke in some US news paper on BJP's alleged fasisctic collusion with Karni Sena and went on and on, even as her Pappu was laughing his way off to the bank with Karni Sena in his pocket.

This has been the saga from day 1, Congoons go on the attack and set the narrative. Somebody posted the number of Hindus killed by the p!ssful past few days, and not a word from Pappu's slave media. But here were Pappu's slaves like Swati Chaturvedi bimbo who could not control their Adrenalin rush after Rajasthan by poll results that they rehashed Pehul Khan, Mohammed Ikhlaq stories and other hate killings over and over again putting BJP on the defensive and making them look like amateurs.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:19 pm

On the UP riot case, I was looking for one f!king articulate BJP/RSS spokesman to turn the tables on libtards but watched in frustration and anger that even when a Hindu is bludgeoned to death by a p!ssful, it is Hindus who are put on the defensive. As I understand it, a bunch of hard core nationalistic Hindus raised saffron flags along with Tiranga in a largely p!ssful n'hood. And this supposedly was a provocative act and the poor p!ssfuls took out a Hindu in "self defense". Instead of abject defensible pusillanimity, all that an articulate BJP spokesman should have done is ask where is "free speech" now, and even if a bunch of Hindus were provocative, so what? Don't the libtards all tell us what is "free speech" if its not provocative?

Shakuni
BGR Newbie

Post by Shakuni » Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:08 pm

You are very right - there is not one articulate spokesman in the BJP. There are blithering idiots like Sambit Patra who seem to live for one or two funny quips a year, or else a dour GVL Narasimha Rao.
4 years into the government, and it's always in firefighting mode when it comes to the media, and is rarely able to establish the narrative.

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm

I wouldn't blame Sambit Patra and GVLN, they are doing what they can. I blame the BJP leadership for not having an effective strategy to deal with Lutyen media. They either boycott it like plague or put on guys and let them go on a no holes barred attack in shudh Oxford english like their Congoon counterparts. Putting on rustic son-of-the-soil dudes is not the way to confront Lutyen scum bags.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:44 am

crams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:21 pm
I wouldn't blame Sambit Patra and GVLN, they are doing what they can. I blame the BJP leadership for not having an effective strategy to deal with Lutyen media. They either boycott it like plague or put on guys and let them go on a no holes barred attack in shudh Oxford english like their Congoon counterparts. Putting on rustic son-of-the-soil dudes is not the way to confront Lutyen scum bags.
Three things:

1. All these BJP spokespersons have been on for the last 5-6 years. Compared to what they were in the 2013-2014 election campaigns, they are vastly improved. There is not much more one can do there. Why get unnecessarily frustrated.

2. As I have learned from some people in personal life, and also I must say from NaMo, one of the best strategies is to keep quiet, stay calm, and keep working on what matters most. There is a lot of media noise but most people don't fall for this stuff anymore. It is only the people who already know what they want to believe that keep making noise.

3. All that being said, the BJP does have an effective strategy to counter these Lutyens morons: Republic TV, Times Now, Zee TV, and India TV are all definitely pro-BJP and are dominating the airwaves. Not only that, Republic and Times Now are going hammer and tongs at various Congi-era corruption scandals with "investigative journalism". They are even getting the Bofors case reopened! The Lutyens brigade (NDTV, CNN, Aaj Tak, India Today et al) have become small players now. They have their own niche viewership and you cannot change the views of these people with any amount of media strategy.
Last edited by KL Dubey on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 am

crams wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:19 pm
On the UP riot case, I was looking for one f!king articulate BJP/RSS spokesman to turn the tables on libtards but watched in frustration and anger....
I understand and somewhat share your frustration. I think you should set up a twitter account (if not already) and directly communicate your thoughts to the BJP spokespersons. All of them have twitter handles. I am not on twitter, but - for example - I once directly communicated with a party leader (I happen to know him) about arguments with a vociferous "green" poltoo of Telangana. Soon he started using this information in speeches.

Trilobite
BGR Member

Post by Trilobite » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am

sanjayC wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:49 am
It was a Congress operation through and through. There were no disturbances in Congress ruled states, only in BJP ruled ones. Karni Sena will pop up again just before 2019 elections
Are you serious?! That sounds like a case of serious cognitive dissonance to me! You mean Congress has so much penetration and control in BJP that it made all these BJP people act stupidly and make them do the following? Sample these:

It was a Congress operation in which 4 of the BJP chief minister participated and banned Padmavat in their respective states??

For months BJP spokespersons advocated in support of Karni Sena and ban on Padmavat ??

BJP leaders issued fatwa against Padmavat and announced Rs 10 crore award for the heads of SLB, Rs 10 Lakh for Deepika's nose??

Karni Sena had warned BJP that without a complete nationwide Padmavat ban Rajputs were going to vote against it, and that is what happend because BJP failed to deliver to it.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:52 am

Trilobite wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am
For months BJP spokespersons advocated in support of Karni Sena and ban on Padmavat ??

BJP leaders issued fatwa against Padmavat and announced Rs 10 crore award for the heads of SLB, Rs 10 Lakh for Deepika's nose??[/i]
if so I am unaware, kindly quote links/references regarding this ^

but there are evidences otherwise: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ind ... 752624.cms

Karni Sena a congress plant https://rightlog.in/2018/02/karni-sena-congress-01/

HomeIndia news Padmavati fallout: Karni Sena, other Rajput groups support Congress to avenge ‘humiliation’ by BJP in Rajasthan Bypolls
Padmavati fallout: Karni Sena, other Rajput groups support Congress to avenge ‘humiliation’ by BJP in Rajasthan Bypolls http://www.financialexpress.com/india-n ... s/1016304/

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:23 am

ABP news is after Yogi: screaming fake encounters. In last 2 days more than 24 gangsters have been sent up by Yogi police.

as per SM some of them are peacefuls.

Yogi must tread carefully.
Last edited by Indrad on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

KL Dubey
BGR Member

Post by KL Dubey » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:24 am

I don't know if Karni Sena is a Congi plant or not, but the news that they have withdrawn the Padmavat agitation sounds like fake news to me. The "hurt sentiments" are still very much there and the leader of Karni Sena will be meeting NaMo soon.

Indrad
BGR Oldie

Post by Indrad » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:38 am

Indrad wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:23 am
ABP news is after Yogi: screaming fake encounters. In last 2 days more than 24 gangsters have been sent up by Yogi police.

as per SM some of them are peacefuls.

Yogi must tread carefully.
last evening dreaded gangster Ashraf has been neutralised in Noida area with inaam of Rs 50 000 on his head.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:08 am

Trilobite wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:03 pm

We can't really build a strong military by reducing the military expenditure as % of GDP. It is down to just 1.58% of GDP, it used to be around 2.5%. Recall that last time the defence allocation was this low, we suffered a humiliating defeat at the hand of Chinese and lost chunk of our land. For comparison USA spends 4.3% of a $18+ trillion GDP.
It excludes pensions, so the real defence spend is above 2%, though it is nevertheless inadequate. NATO excluding the US, spends more (as a % of GDP), without the kind of threats we face.

Deans
BGR Newbie

Post by Deans » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:14 am

crams wrote:
Apart from what Dubey ji suggests in the previous post, I believe the English media is becoming largely irrelevant. The BJP has called their bluff, as far the English media sense of importance is concerned, by largely ignoring it. I'd be far more concerned if the Hindi spokesmen were not articulate.

Yagnasri
BGR Newbie

Post by Yagnasri » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:37 am

crams
Forum Moderator

Post by crams » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:57 am

Look at this Pappu slave, who along with his ilk were going hammer and tongs against BJP for supporting Karni Sena, have no moral compunctions in garnering and roping in the very same Karni Sena to dislodge BJP

https://www.hindustantimes.com/analysis ... LpH1H.html

The Raje dispensation is dominated by Rajputs but the Padmavat uproar saw the combative community backing the Congress on a rebound. Speculation is also rife that Shri Rajput Karni Sena leader Lokendra Singh Kalvi could hitch on the anti-Raje bandwagon.

He has flirted with the BJP and the Congress in the past. It looks more expedient for him to ally with the Congress this time. If Kalvi does warm up to the Congress, the Rajput vote will consolidate in the party’s favour, regardless of his disapprobation in Urban India.
Question I have for the Karni Sena dim wits is this. If the issue was Rajput pride, and their anger at BJP for not having Padmavat banned, how is allying with a rabidly traitorous, p!ssful-appeasing Congoons led by a silver-spoon fed Italian dim-wit going to help their cause? Politics is vile, and Hindus themselves are Hindus' worst enemies.

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:50 am

dnivas wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm
chetak wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:51 pm
Terror Unlimited: The Staggering Loot and Lust of Alauddin Khilji

Terror Unlimited: The Staggering Loot and Lust of Alauddin Khilji

Unlike Hindu rulers, who would not even gaze in the direction of the enemy’s womenfolk, to the Mohammadens the enemy’s women were war booty. These foreign invaders introduced a highly detestable element of coveting, capturing and raping women.

Rakesh Krishnan Simha @ByRakeshSimha
Indology | 30-01-2018

Insanity. for someone with not very robust ties to India, my head is spinning with the ostrich tendencies of Indian kings. even if 2 of the kings had banded together, the ROP kings could have been sent packing far away. Rich kingdoms taken out by just 8000 men. Incredible!!!.

The article evoked pain that I dint know existed.
so try.. if the above article is truthful, then our kings were bumbling idiots and were zero in state craft...

manju
BGR Newbie

Post by manju » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 am

kittoo wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:08 pm
BhairavP wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:29 am
Yashwant Deshmukh analysed the trends in these by-elections, and extrapolated to the whole of the state. Congress 139 and BJP 53 in a house of 200 would be the result.
I have no idea why they keep making Vasundhara the CM. Such a sleeping queen.
Anyway. Yupe, Rajasthan is totally lost, at least as far as assembly elections are concerned. Going to be a sad year. I just hope BJP doesn't get a drubbing worse than what Congress got in 2013.
This is freaking irritating to see... soo much freaking negativity...!!!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:31 am

Deans wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:14 am
crams wrote:
Apart from what Dubey ji suggests in the previous post, I believe the English media is becoming largely irrelevant. The BJP has called their bluff, as far the English media sense of importance is concerned, by largely ignoring it. I'd be far more concerned if the Hindi spokesmen were not articulate.
a better bet would have been the ever feisty meenakshi lekhi but she seems to have been caught up in the internecine squabbles of the dilli BJP unit.

She is smart, quick and glibly bilingual and equally at home in both the hindi and english media spaces besides being a regular dilli billi with an ear to the ground and friends in all parties and the lootyens media

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:14 am

This is a very welcome initiative and I, for one, hope that this project really takes off.

We need to counter the anti national presstitutes, fronting shamelessly for shady NGOs and equally shady and malicious countries that seek to undermine India on the global stage.

Its high time that the govt made sincere efforts to counter the malicious propaganda of foreign owned India based media houses which includes almost all of the ELM.

Some of these channels, though anti govt, are helplessly patronized by the govt in order to ensure broader reach to get their points of view across to audiences abroad.

Things may change now.

Information and Broadcasting ministry mulls expansion of DD news broadcast to 100 countries
Information and Broadcasting ministry mulls expansion of DD news broadcast to 100 countries

04th February 2018

NEW DELHI: The Information and Broadcasting ministry is mulling expansion of Doordarshan's round-the-clock news broadcast to around 100 countries with a view to reach out to the diaspora and put across India's perspective on domestic and international issues, a senior official said Currently, DD India primarily produces various cultural and general entertainment programmes for broadcast in overseas countries.

It also produces round-the-clock news and current affairs programmes for broadcast in only few countries, including Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, China and the United Arab Emirates, he added.

"The ministry is considering the expansion of 24×7 news broadcast to a number of countries. The data is being compiled on various parameters for the purpose," the official said.

The decision to start broadcast of news in a particular country will depend on financial implications like cost of engaging a local cable for carrying the Indian channel as well as stationing correspondents in that particular country, the official added.

The factors that would also be considered for starting news broadcast in a country include percentage of Indian diaspora in total population of that nation, foreign direct investment inflow and outflow, remittance and tourists arrival from that country, the official said.

The ministry will also look at whether India has strategic partnership with that nation, number of visits of the prime minister to that country, whether the Ministry of External Affairs has joint secretary level officer there and proximity of that nation to multilateral agencies, the official added.

"The purpose of the proposed initiative is to reach out to the huge Indian diaspora and put across India's perspective on various domestic and international issues," the official said.

The initiative would put India in the league of countries like the UK and China whose public broadcasters reach a number of countries.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:23 am

twitter
A huge board in Bangalore cantonment reads:

"WANT TO DO SOMETHING FOR A SOLDIER?*

BE AN INDIAN WHO IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR"*

So appropriate...!

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 am

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??

how have things changed ??

Does javdekar even understand what needs to be done??

News18‏Verified account @CNNnews18

#EXCLUSIVE | Wrong execution of Right to Education happened under UPA, now, things have changed under @BJP4India: @PrakashJavdekar, Union HRD Minister, tells @bhupendrachaube | #Budget2018

Supratik
Forum Moderator

Post by Supratik » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 pm

When will Vasundhara be asked to quit? I hope after KT election.

chetak
Forum Moderator

Post by chetak » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:24 pm

Supratik wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:26 pm
When will Vasundhara be asked to quit? I hope after KT election.
I gather that she has some local MLA support and if pushed, may split the party in RJ.

Except for that, she is incapable of anything else. Doesn't get along with both NM and AS.

Mort Walker
BGR Member

Post by Mort Walker » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:56 pm

Rajasthan seems to flip-flop between BJP and INC. Vasundhara Raje Scindia seems to have local support, perhaps from some past royal families that have political influence much like former minister Jaswant Singh. I heard a rumor some time back that she's a heavy drinker.