Cricket News and Discussion :

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Muns
Forum Moderator

Cricket News and Discussion :

Post by Muns » Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:06 am

Alright guys, new start to the Cricket thread with the second oncoming test between India and England. This should be a real challenge between both teams. Everything to play for here, because if India loses this test they are out of the test championships.
As a beta test project, Sanket and myself decided to create a Cricket podcast with some of the highlights of the test past as well some predictions for the upcoming test.
Hopefully over time, it'll trend to get better. Like I said this is just a start, and if you have any feedback regarding this or you would like to be on the podcast itself, we can always get that organized as well.

Here we go with the initial Cricket podcast series from India aware :

India Aware Cricket Podcast

https://anchor.fm/india-aware/episodes/ ... /a-a4na2a8

Muns
Forum Moderator

Re: Cricket News and Discussion :

Post by Muns » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:12 am

2nd part of the podcast specifically relating to the IPL and picks ;

https://anchor.fm/india-aware/episodes/ ... ast-eqv584

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:53 am

India Aware Cricket Podcast pt 3.

In this episode we really talk about the pitch as well as the controversy surrounding the two day test match. Does it really take the Sheen from Ashwin 400 wickets or is this something that international cricket teams should really come prepared for to play in India.
Some opening statements on how Sanket felt the Narendra Modi Stadium compares to Wankhade, as well as what to expect with regard to the next test. Also some good news with the fact that India has qualified for the world test series after winning the third test. Now take the lead two one.
In any case, looking for some feedback. Let us know what you guys think about it.

https://anchor.fm/india-aware/episodes/ ... ast-ercg8h

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:00 am

To come back from one down and then the next three tests is pretty amazing. What I think is even better is the amount of depth that is present with regard to reserves on the bench. Another fantastic performance by Axar and Ashwin. Definitely nobody can complain about the pitch now. We hope to be doing our third in series podcast sometime tonight.

Next come the T20’s. However, it already looks like the English are struggling with fatigue. Having just come off the England series, they just don’t seem as confident anymore or have much in the way of fight with them. Somewhat of a poor series for Kohli. It also however shows the depth of batting with regard to the others.

T20’s mean that some of the young ones get a chance to come back with fresh legs. This includes Hardik Pandya and Bumrah as well.

jamwal
BGR Member

Post by jamwal » Sun Sep 05, 2021 4:14 pm

Why havent Rahane and Pujara been replaced?

Muns
Forum Moderator

Post by Muns » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:41 pm

India has pulled off another victory with their strength in fast bowling. Yes, India strength in fast bowling. Hard to believe for me, but they have pulled it off on several occasions now. This young pace attack has proved that India has got a fast-bowling attack that it can take to other countries and win. They approve this in Australia and now proved it in England as well.

For all the criticism that Kohli continues to receive, even mine for especially dropping Ashwin, it’s hard to make a fault especially when the team continues to win.
It pretty much means that in overseas countries right now, Ashwin’s role has come down to a minimal portion. Already left out of the one-day squad, it seems that even if there is a hint of grass on it, Kohli will choose his tried and trusted pace attack to win matches for him.

This new combination of Bumrah, Shardul, Shami, Ishant, Umesh can seemingly go anywhere, hit the deck hard and get wickets.
So much so that it means that Ashwin who is currently ranked second in the world for test bowling can’t even get a look in.

What about the batting? Pujara and Rahane… Both of them, have always I feel had a tough time against fast bowling attacks. However who can forget Pujara’s show down under, where he faced her branch of bowling body on. Guys got the determination to succeed.

All of these guys are match winners and that includes Rahane, but sometimes I feel that confidence is lacking, and he quickly enters into lapses that cost him.

However, in the current line of batting as well, it seems that always some of the younger all arounders like Thakur can take up the challenge.

Heading into the fifth test, Ashwin likely will sit out yet again and this will be a bitter pill for him to swallow denting his confidence no end.