Sanathan Dharma Resources and Discussion

General nukkad-style discussions.
This forum is lightly moderated, and members are expected to moderate themselves.
Muns
Forum Moderator

Sanathan Dharma Resources and Discussion

Post by Muns » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:18 am

I would like to start a new thread and hopefully have some further discussions on what I feel is an important topic with regard to resource collection of appropriate links that can lead to further study of Itihaas, Gita or any other Vedantic texts.

Of course, the journey for us can all be individualized. I’m thankful that I came into contact with the Arsha Bodha Institute for a few years while I used to stay in New Jersey. Over a few years this came to be a vital pillar of support as well as showing me a road towards further study. However, with time being the way it is as well as numerous challenges that we have to face, study such as this really takes a lifetime.

It should not however I feel start towards the latter years of one’s life. Start as early as we can and proceed through the rest of our lives.
I’ve also recently come to acquire the whole Clay Sanskrit library for which I have started reading. I am hopeful that it would lead to some answers with regard to questions that I have had. Often times, I also have trouble in finding the right resources or even truly understanding of the exist.

I’ll give one such example. Vali, it was said received a boon, so that anybody who he challenged and faced him in frontal combat would be defeated. Hence, no matter who he faced, he never lost. It was in this vein that he needed to be defeated from behind. Not only that but all of the, adharma that the continue to do including, taking of the wife of Sugreeva. Does anyone have the actual resource regarding this?

In any case, I am hoping that this will lead to further discussion as well as enlightenment for all of us especially during such a time in India where many youth continue their course of confusion and transition.

Arsha Bodha Center for Spiritual teachings of ancient India ;

https://arshabodha.org/

Muns
Forum Moderator

Re: Sanathan Dharma Resources and Discussion

Post by Muns » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:33 am

In the above link, there is a lifetime of teachings for free under the teaching section. The Bhagavad Gita series is extremely rewarding and fulfilling even though it is quite extensive and can take a months to a few years to complete depending on your time available.

I have also recently come to see the YouTube channel by Swamyji as well as quite extensive and interesting short 15 to 20 minute clips that explain much of the concepts that we went into quite in detail during the Gita sessions.
I will not post a lot of the embedded videos here but I think some of the interesting ones that I come across I may do so. Also trying to save on some bandwidth for those that might not have fast Internet access.

Top TEN Misconceptions about HINDUISM

https://youtu.be/5vEAbvii9bU